This S’mores Coffee Milkshake is the dessert coffee of your dreams. It’s made with chocolate ice cream blended with freshly brewed coffee, chocolate sauce, and marshmallow cream, then garnished with graham cracker crumbs and more marshmallows.
My morning coffee is probably one of my favorite parts of the day. It’s the first thing I do when I wake up. And after all of these years of being a daily coffee drinker, I still look forward to that first sip every morning.
But sometimes my sweet tooth is nearly as strong as my morning coffee craving. And on days like that, I love to find creative ways to satisfy both!
Enter this S’mores Coffee Milkshake. This recipe is such a fun way to treat and caffeinate yourself. It’s made with chocolate ice cream and freshly brewed coffee blended with marshmallows and topped with graham crackers to incorporate all of your favorite s’mores flavors into one delicious coffee beverage.
Why You’ll Love This S’mores Coffee Milkshake
- Simple ingredients. Just 6 ingredients and 5 minutes needed to put together this coffee milkshake.
- Refreshing. This drink is perfect for the summer months when hot coffee isn’t quite doing the trick.
- So tasty. Dessert and coffee in one? Count me in.
- Ice Cream – I use chocolate ice cream for extra chocolatey flavor, but feel free to swap it out for vanilla if preferred.
- Coffee – I recommend freshly brewed coffee for the best flavor.
- Chocolate Sauce – You’ll add a little bit of chocolate sauce to the milkshake itself, then use additional chocolate sauce to rim the serving glasses.
- Marshmallow Creme – We’re blending marshmallow creme right into the milkshake for that classic s’mores flavor.
- Graham Crackers – The serving glasses are dipped in crushed graham crackers to add a little bit of crunch and incorporate more of your favorite s’mores flavors and textures.
- Marshmallows – I like to top each milkshake off with three large marshmallows.
How to Make a S’mores Coffee Milkshake
This mouthwatering s’mores milkshake comes together in a total of 5 minutes!
- Step One: Pour ¼ cup chocolate sauce in a bowl. Turn two glasses upside in the chocolate sauce, moving it around to rim the glass.
- Step Two: In another bowl, place the broken up graham crackers. Dip each chocolate-rimmed glass in.
- Step Three: In a blender, add ice cream, coffee, 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce and marshmallow creme. Blend until smooth (about 30 seconds).
- Step Four: Carefully pour into your glasses. Top with three marshmallows and serve.
You need just a couple of basic tools to put together this milkshake recipe!
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with a Coffee Milkshake
This s’mores coffee milkshake is plenty satisfying all on its own!
However, you can absolutely enjoy it as your morning coffee fix with a hearty brunch spread. Here are a few breakfast favorites:
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Cool the coffee slightly. If you add the coffee while it’s still super hot, it will very quickly melt the ice cream. I recommend cooling it off just a little bit so your drink is nice and chilled.
- No hot brewed coffee? You can totally use cold brew too. Keep in mind that the flavor profiles of cold brew and hot brewed coffee are slightly different.
- Make it dairy-free and/or vegan. Simply use your favorite dairy-free chocolate ice cream. Additionally, if you want to make your milkshake vegan, use a vegan variety of marshmallow creme and marshmallows.
- Try a boozy version. Add in a shot of Kahlua or Irish cream.
- Make it decaf. Enjoying this milkshake later in the day or want to make it kid-friendly? Use decaf coffee or simply swap the coffee out for milk.
I do not recommend storing this drink. It is best enjoyed immediately after blending!
What is the Difference Between a Frappe and a Milkshake?
The main difference is that frappes don’t usually contain ice cream, while milkshakes do!
A frappe is a blended drink often containing coffee blended with milk, sweetener, and ice. A milkshake, on the other hand, is ice cream blended with a liquid (in this case, coffee), but oftentimes milk.
More Milkshake Recipes to Try
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Coffee Milkshake
- Caramel Coffee Milkshake
- Shamrock Shake
- Boozy Orange Creamsicle Milkshake
- Dulce de Leche Coffee Milkshake
- Coconut Coffee Milkshake
- Nutella Coffee Milkshake
- Maple Coffee Milkshake
- Cinnamon Roll Coffee Milkshake
S’mores Coffee Milkshake
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1 ½ cups freshly brewed coffee
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce
- ¼ cup marshmallow creme
- 2 graham crackers broken up into small pieces
- 6 large marshmallows
- Pour 1/4 cup chocolate sauce in a bowl. Turn two glasses upside in the chocolate sauce, moving it around to rim the glass.
- In a another bowl, place the broken up graham crackers. Dip each chocolate-rimmed glass in.
- In a blender, add ice cream, coffee, 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce and marshmallow creme. Blend until smooth (about 30 seconds).
- Carefully pour into your glasses. Top with three marshmallows and serve.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.