This Nutella Coffee Milkshake is my favorite way to enjoy the classic chocolate hazelnut spread. It’s rich, thick, creamy, and the perfect balance of coffee, chocolate, and nutty flavors.
Nutella is a staple in our house. My daughter loves it on an English muffin for breakfast. I love it with my coffee…and a couple scoops of chocolate ice cream…and whipped cream. Okay, I just love this Nutella Coffee Milkshake.
This recipe is quick to make and is the most decadent coffee drink you’ll ever sip on. Just prepare a pot of coffee like you normally would, add some to a blender along with your favorite chocolate ice cream and a few spoonfuls of Nutella. Give it a good blend, pour it into your favorite cup, then top it off with whipped cream and enjoy!
You won’t be able to get enough of this tasty drink!
Why You’ll Love this Nutella Coffee Milkshake
I can say with complete honesty that I have never quite looked forward to my coffee as much as I do when I make this coffee milkshake. Here are just a few reasons to love this recipe:
- It’s simple and quick.
- It has the perfect flavor and texture.
- It’s your caffeine fix and a mouthwatering dessert all in one!
The full printable recipe card with measurements and instructions is found at the bottom of the post.
- Ice Cream: Use your favorite variety of chocolate ice cream for this recipe.
- Coffee: Freshly brewed coffee is best! Just use whatever you prefer.
- Nutella: You can use a store-bought jar of Nutella or try making my homemade Nutella recipe!
- Toppings: I love to garnish this milkshake with a swirl of whipped cream and a sprinkle of chocolate shavings
How to Make a Nutella Coffee Milkshake
Coffee milkshakes are so easy to make! Here’s a quick summary of the recipe:
- Step One: Add chocolate ice cream, coffee and Nutella to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Step Two: Add chocolate ice cream, coffee and Nutella to a blender. Blend until smooth.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with a Coffee Milkshake
This Nutella coffee milkshake is plenty rich and tasty to be served all on its own. However, you can also enjoy it next to any sweet breakfast or snack! Here are a few ideas:
You could also follow my daughter’s lead and serve it next to a toasted English muffin topped with even more Nutella.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Use freshly brewed coffee. The flavor of coffee is just always better the fresher it is. I recommend brewing a fresh pot before making this milkshake.
- Let the coffee cool slightly. I recommend giving the coffee just a little bit of time to cool off so it doesn’t immediately melt the ice cream. You can speed this up a bit by pouring the amount needed into a cup and sticking it in the fridge.
- Start with less coffee. To achieve the perfect texture for you, start with less coffee, then blend in more as needed.
Variations and Substitutions
- No hot coffee? You can easily swap it out for cold brew.
- Make it decaf. Maybe you don’t drink caffeine or maybe you’re enjoying this treat later in the day. Make it decaf by simply using decaf coffee instead of regular.
- Make it vegan with vegan varieties of chocolate ice cream, chocolate hazelnut spread, and whipped cream.
I don’t recommend storing a milkshake. These are best served right away!
Do Coffee Milkshakes Have Coffee in Them?
Yes! Traditional milkshakes are thinned out using milk (surprise!) Coffee milkshakes are thinned out using coffee rather than milk.
Will Nutella Dissolve in Coffee?
Yes. Nutella will dissolve in a cup of coffee if the coffee is hot enough. Fortunately, you don’t have to worry about that for this recipe. The nutella is added to the blender along with the coffee and the ice cream, then blended until nice and smooth.
More Cold Coffee Drinks You’ll Love
For another cold drink, try this Orange Julius.
Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, Facebook at Simply Stacie, TikTok @simplystacierecipes or Pinterest at @simplystacie and let me know how you liked this recipe and my other recipes.
Nutella Coffee Milkshake
- 4 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1 ½ cups freshly brewed coffee
- 2 tbsp Nutella
- Whipped cream and chocolate shavings for toppings
- Add chocolate ice cream, coffee and Nutella to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if desired.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Vicky James says
Following the ketogenic eating plan, I’m going to try using a few scoops of chocolate whey protein and 2 T. Instant pudding instead of the ice cream. Bet it’s still yummy.
So many great milkshake recipes! This one caught my eye because of the Nutella in it. Yum!