This Coconut Coffee Milkshake is the summery drink you didn’t know you needed. It’s cold, creamy, luscious, and has the perfect tropical flair thanks to the toasted coconut.
Get ready to wow your friends and family with this Coconut Coffee Milkshake recipe. One sip and they’ll be asking for the recipe. Trust me!
This dreamy milkshake features a marshmallow creme and toasted coconut rim and a rich, sweet, creamy, oh-so-tasty milkshake. It’s made with your favorite variety of vanilla ice cream blended with fresh coffee and flavored with coconut extract.
This is definitely the drink you want to be sipping on as you enjoy a day relaxing in the sun. I mean, just look at that beautiful presentation.
And it tastes even better than it looks!
Why You’ll Love This Coconut Coffee Milkshake
- Impressive, yet simple
- Delicious flavor with a tropical twist
- Thick and creamy
The full printable recipe card with measurements and instructions is found at the bottom of the post.
This post contains affiliate links.
- Marshmallow creme: We’re using marshmallow creme to rim the serving glasses. This is optional, but highly recommended!
- Shredded sweetened coconut: You’ll need ½ cup of sweetened, shredded coconut for toasting. We’ll use it to rim the glasses and to garnish the finished milkshake.
- Vanilla ice cream: Just use your favorite brand of vanilla ice cream.
- Freshly brewed coffee: I recommend freshly brewed coffee for the best flavor.
- Coconut extract: You’ll need just a few drops of coconut extract. A little goes a long way.
- Whipped cream: You can use store-bought whip or make a homemade batch of whipped cream.
How to Make Coconut Coffee Milkshake
- Step One: Preheat oven to 350℉. Spread coconut on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once at about 2 ½ minutes. Remove from oven and pour into a bowl.
- Step Two: Place marshmallow creme into bowl. Place glass upside in the bowl to cover the rim. Dip glass into toasted coconut to cover the marshmallow creme. Set aside.
- Step Three: In a blender, add ice cream, coffee and coconut extract. Blend until smooth. Pour into prepared glasses.
- Step Four: Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with extra leftover toasted coconut.
What to Serve with a Coconut Coffee Milkshake
You definitely can’t go wrong by simply enjoying this coffee milkshake all on its own. It’s definitely good enough for it!
However, if you want to serve alongside breakfast or turn it into more of a dessert-like snack, here are a few recipes you could try:
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Fresh coffee is best. While you can save your leftover coffee and use it the next day, I highly recommend brewing a fresh batch for this. The flavor of fresh coffee really is just better!
- Let the coffee cool a little. If it’s scalding hot straight out of the pot, it will just melt the ice cream.
- Watch the coconut closely. It needs just a few minutes in the oven to get perfectly toasted. It can burn very quickly if you don’t keep an eye on it.
Variations and Substitutions
- Skip the extract. If you’d rather use coconut ice cream, you can use that instead of the extract. Or, if you really like coconut flavor, use both!
- No hot coffee? Swap it out for cold brew. The flavor will be slightly different, but still so tasty.
- Make it vegan. Simply use dairy-free varieties of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Vegan marshmallow creme may be a little more difficult to come by, but if you can find some, go for it! Otherwise, you can just skip the marshmallow rim.
I don’t recommend trying to store this coffee milkshake. It’s best served right away!
Do Coffee Milkshakes Have Coffee In Them?
They sure do! Coffee milkshakes are just like regular milkshakes except instead of using milk to create that creamy texture, we use coffee.
They’re the perfect sweet treat for coffee lovers.
Cold Coffee Drinks
- Maple Coffee Milkshake
- Iced Coffee
- Nutella Coffee Milkshake
- Dulce de Leche Coffee Milkshake
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Coffee Milkshake
Coconut Coffee Milkshake
- ¼ cup marshmallow creme
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 ½ cups freshly brewed coffee
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- Whipped cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Spread coconut on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once at about 2 ½ minutes. Remove from oven and pour into a bowl.
- Place marshmallow creme into bowl. Place glass upside in the bowl to cover the rim. Dip glass into toasted coconut to cover the marshmallow creme. Set aside.
- In a blender, add ice cream, coffee and coconut extract. Blend until smooth. Pour into prepared glasses. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with extra leftover toasted coconut.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.