Air Fryer Pizza Buns are perfect for snacking, an appetizer or for your kids’ school lunch. Air fried to golden perfection, these savory buns are easy to make with refrigerated dough, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
Is anyone else as obsessed with their air fryer like me? If I can air fry it, I’m going to!
I purchased an air fryer back in the fall. Since then, I’ve been experimenting with different recipes like my Air Fryer Pasta Chips, Air Fryer Chicken Wings, Air Fryer Oreos, Air Fryer Garlic Cheese Stuffed Crescent Rolls, Air Fryer Pizza and Caramel Apple Pie Crescents. So far I haven’t a food that I don’t like being air fried.
These Pizza Buns are another recipe win!
To make this pizza bun recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients.
- Pillsbury Flaky Rolls OR Grands!™ Flaky Layers Original Biscuits 5ct
- Extra virgin olive oil – I use olive oil to add flavor and prevent the buns from sticking to the air fryer basket.
- Pizza sauce – Use canned or homemade
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – I prefer to grate my own cheese versus buying the preshredded cheese. I find it melts better.
- Pepperoni, cut into quarters OR mini pepperoni
- Italian seasoning
How to Make
1. Preheat air fryer to 375F. Set for a 5 minute cook time.
2. Separate rolls in the can. Press down with your fingers on one side of the roll to flatten it out slightly.
3. Brush rolls with olive oil on both sides. Place in air fryer. Do not crowd. You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
4. Top with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top.
5. Cook in air fryer for 5 minutes, until golden brown.
Kitchen Tools to Help Make This Recipe
This post contains affiliate links.
- Air Fryer – I love my Ninja Foodi!
- Pastry Brush – Use to brush the olive oil on the dough.
- Cheese grater – Grating your own cheese brings the best results.
How to Store
Store any uneaten pepperoni pizza buns in the fridge covered with plastic wrap for up to 3 days.
Make sure to heat them up in the microwave (or the air fryer!). You’ll want them to soften up and the cheese to melt again.
Can You Freeze
Yes! Freeze these pizza buns in freezer wrap for up to three months. Thaw at room temperature and then then reheat in the microwave, oven or air fryer.
- Pack them in your child’s lunchbox
- Enjoy as an appetizer or even as a side dish with some pasta (my homemade spaghetti sauce is delish!)
- Serve at a party or potluck
- Bring them in your lunch to work for a quick afternoon snack. Your coworkers will be jealous!
- Enjoy for your late night cravings! They only take minutes to prepare.
The sky really is the limit! I used pepperoni, sauce and cheese as my toppings. You could easily switch those up to suit your taste.
Some ideas include:
- Pineapple & ham
- Olives, mushrooms and green pepper
- Bacon, sausage and ham
- Cheese (try a few different kinds)
- Switch out the pizza sauce for Alfredo sauce
More pizza inspired recipes
- Pizza Monkey Bread
- Pizza Dip
- Pizza Tater Tot Casserole
- Pizza Rolls
- Pizza Wonton Cups
- Pizza Stuffed Chicken
Check out my Air Fryer Pizza Buns story!
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 1 can (340g) Pillsbury Flaky Rolls OR Grands!™ Flaky Layers Original Biscuits 5ct
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 teaspoons pizza sauce
- 10 teaspoons mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup pepperoni, cut into quarters OR mini pepperoni
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat air fryer to 375F. Set for a 5 minute cook time.
- Separate rolls in the can. Press down with your fingers on one side of the roll to flatten it out slightly.
- Brush rolls with olive oil on both sides. Place in air fryer. Do not crowd. You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Top with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top.
- Cook in air fryer for 5 minutes, until golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 195mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g