Meet the popular TikTok viral recipe that’s air fried to perfection, Air Fryer Pasta Chips. Perfectly crispy and flavored with garlic, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese, this simple appetizer is easy to make and delicious served with feta dip.
Pasta in the air fryer? Oh yes, you can – make pasta chips!
They may sound a bit out there, but trust me, they are delicious. Not only that, they are really simple to make. Move over potato chips in the air fryer, air fryer pasta chips are here to stay.
If you’re on TikTok, you may have already seen them there. I have a TikTok account for my recipes. I plan to post more over there in 2022 so feel free to follow along. I love finding these recipe gems!
Why You’ll Love These Pasta Chips in the Air Fryer
- Crunchy, spicy and addictive
- Perfect for parties
- Tastes delicious with creamy feta dip or marinara sauce
- Tasty and healthier alternative to deep fried foods like potato chips
- Ready in 30 minutes
- Kid friendly
- Easy to make with simple ingredients
Ingredients for Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Farfalle pasta – I used whole wheat farfalle pasta, but you can use any pasta of your choice.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Red chili flakes – Leave out if you don’t like spicy foods.
Ingredients for Feta Dip
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to Make Air Fryer Pasta Chips
Step One: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Set aside.
Step Two: Toss the boiled pasta with olive oil, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, red chili flakes, salt and black pepper.
Step Three: Preheat air fryer to 350F. Air fry in batches for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden and crispy, tossing the basket a couple times while cooking.
Step Four: Remove pasta from air fryer and allow to cool slightly before serving.
How to Make Feta Dip
Step One: Add all the dip ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
Equipment Needed to Make This Recipe
This post contains affiliate links
What to Serve with Pasta Chips
- Use a different kind of small pasta. Try rigatoni, rotini, or penne.
- Substitute Romano cheese or Asiago cheese for the Parmesan cheese.
- Change up the spices to suit your tastes. Adding a little paprika would also be tasty.
Best Way to Store Leftovers
The pasta chips have the best taste experience on the same day you make them. If you do need to store them, place them in an airtight container for up to 1 to 2 days at room temperature.
Store any leftover feta dip, covered, in the fridge, for up to 3 days.
Can I Freeze?
I don’t recommend freezing air fryer pasta chips.
Can I use gluten free pasta?
Yes, you can use gluten free pasta if you like! You can also use whole wheat pasta.
What Dips Can I Serve Pasta Chips With?
- Feta dip – Either use this recipe in the post or your own version
- Marinara sauce
- Pesto sauce
- Alfredo sauce
- Ranch dressing
Are they hard to bite into?
No, they aren’t like biting into a piece of raw pasta. The pasta is cooked before going into the air fryer. The result is crispy little seasoned bites!
Can I bake them in the oven?
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake them in the air fryer.
Grease a baking sheet and place pasta in a single layer. Bake at 400F for 15 to 20 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes.
Recipe Tips for the Best Pasta Chips
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer. If you have a smaller air fryer, make them in batches.
- Don’t forget to toss the pasta chips while they are cooking in the air fryer so they cook evenly.
- Don’t overcook the pasta. It should be “al dente” and firm to bite. It’s best to keep it a bit undercooked because it will cook more in the air fryer.
- Let the pasta chips cool before eating so you don’t burn your mouth.
- Don’t use too much oil. You’ll end up with greasy chips. I find 1 tablespoon to be enough to make the perfect pasta chips.
More Appetizer Recipes
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Cheesy Potato Skins
- Olive Cheese Balls
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Ravioli
- Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Air Fryer Pretzel Bites
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Corn Ribs
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 2 cups farfalle pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Set aside.
- Toss the boiled pasta with olive oil, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, red chili flakes, salt and black pepper.
- Preheat air fryer to 350F. Air fry in batches for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden and crispy, tossing the basket a couple times while cooking.
- Remove pasta from air fryer and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Add all the dip ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 933mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g