This flavorful snack is crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Serve these Air Fryer Zucchini Chips with ranch dressing or marinara sauce for dipping for a delicious and easy appetizer.
I’m a big fan of air frying. I find it’s one of the best ways to make the most delicious snacks. I even have a whole section on my blog of air fryer recipes.
Forget deep frying next time you are craving fried zucchini chips. Not only are they a healthier alternative, but they are also super simple to make in under 40 minutes.
Garden zucchini is plentiful so make yourself a delicious snack with a few simple ingredients. You’ll love each crispy and tasty bite.
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Easy to make side dish or appetizer
- Healthier option than deep frying
- Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside
- Use fresh zucchini from your garden
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces
- Kids love them for an after school snack
- Can customize with your favorite seasonings
- Medium zucchini – Use fresh zucchini that’s been washed, but not peeled. Slice with a sharp paring knife, chef’s knife or mandoline slicer.
- Large egg
- Panko bread crumbs – I like Panko bread crumbs because they give the chips a nice crispy texture. Traditional breadcrumbs will have a different texture.
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt
- Vegetable oil or spray oil
How to Make Easy Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Step One: Preheat air fryer to 350°F. Whisk egg in a shallow bowl.
- Step Two: In a separate shallow bowl, combine Panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and salt.
- Step Three: Coat zucchini slices in egg. Transfer to panko bowl and cover entire chip, pressing panko mixture into the chip on both sides using a fork.
- Step Four: Spray air fryer basket with oil sprayer or brush with oil. Place zucchini chips in a single layer, leaving space in between. Spray or brush both sides with oil.
- Step Five: Cook 5 to 6 minutes. Flip and cook another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Step Six: While the batch is cooking, repeat step 3 to prepare the rest of the zucchini chips. Repeat step 4 and 5 with remaining zucchini.
- Step Seven: Serve with ranch dressing or your favorite dipping sauce.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Delicious Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
Variations and Substitutions
- Make it vegan. Use vegan Parmesan cheese and a flaxseed egg substitute instead of the egg.
- Make it low carb. Use crushed pork rinds instead of breadcrumbs.
- Add spices into the breadcrumb mixture. Try garlic powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper, or taco seasoning.
For best results for optimal flavor and texture, serve these parmesan zucchini chips immediately.
If you do have leftovers, store them in the fridge for up to 1 day in a covered container. You can reheat them in the air fryer at 300F for 1 minute.
- Don’t overcrowd your air fryer. You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer. This recipe was made in a 4 liter air fryer in 3 batches.
- Make the recipe when you are ready to eat. They are best serve hot and fresh.
- Have a plate with paper towel ready to put the cooked zucchini chips on while the other batches are air frying.
- Cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer. Keep an eye on the first batch to gauge if your air fryer needs more or less time.
- Don’t use aerosol cooking spray in your air fryer. It can damage the finish.
Dipping Sauces to Serve with Air Fry Zucchini Chips
- Ranch dressing
- Marinara sauce
- Greek yogurt
- Fry sauce
- Garlic aioli
- Garden salsa
- Cilantro lime avocado yogurt dip
- Lemon dill dip
How to Make Air Fryer Zucchini Chips Not Soggy
The best tip I can give to make sure you have the crispiest zucchini chips is to make sure they are dry before you start to use them in the recipe. Simply blot the chips dry with a paper towel before you start.
How to Make Zucchini Chips in the Oven
No air fryer? Try making them in your oven.
Lay out the zucchini chips on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 425F.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- 1 zucchini (medium size) sliced into ⅛ inch thick pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- Vegetable oil or spray oil
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F. Whisk egg in a shallow bowl.
- In a separate shallow bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and salt.
- Coat zucchini slices in egg. Transfer to panko bowl and cover entire chip, pressing panko mixture into the chip on both sides using a fork.
- Spray air fryer basket with oil sprayer or brush with oil. Place zucchini chips in a single layer, leaving space in between. Spray or brush both sides with oil.
- Cook 5 to 6 minutes. Flip and cook another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the batch is cooking, repeat step 3 to prepare the rest of the zucchini chips. Repeat step 4 and 5 with remaining zucchini.
- Serve with ranch dressing or your favorite dipping sauce.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.