This Lemon Dill Dip recipe is perfect for all your veggie trays! You only need 5 ingredients to make this bright and creamy homemade dip in minutes. Perfect for last-minute guests!
I’m coming at you today with another easy peasy summer dip recipe: Lemon Dill Dip! It’s super creamy, with a hint of lemony tang and packed with fresh dill flavor. You are going to love eating this with some fresh veggies!
Lemon and dill are the perfect flavor combination, I swear. I whipped this one up recently when I had company pop over for a few hours. It was devoured by the end of their visit. It’s so much better than a basic ranch dip.
This yummy sauce isn’t just great for veggies! Add it to a chicken or fish dish for a burst of flavor. I’ve even thought about using it as a creamy pasta sauce with some parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes, too.
- Dill: Fresh dill has the best herbaceous flavor! You could use dried dill if you can’t find fresh. Just use a couple teaspoonfuls since it will be more potent.
- Mayonnaise: This is the base for this lemon dill dip. It’s easy to double or even triple this recipe or make just enough for your afternoon snack.
- Sour cream: To cut that mayonnaise richness, I add a little sour cream, too. I find making this dip recipe with both mayo and sour cream leads to the creamiest, most flavorful end result.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice makes everything brighter. Add a little lemon zest for even more lemony goodness!
- Garlic: Minced garlic brings all the flavors together for the best veggie dip. You can also use roasted garlic or garlic powder in a pinch.
What I Used For This Recipe
This post contains affiliate links.
- Garlic press: In the interest of time, I almost always use this garlic press. You can mince it by hand, too, but why bother when this does it in seconds?
- Measuring spoons: I’ve gotten to the point where I eyeball my lemon dill veggie dip recipe. Once you make it a few times, you’ll be a pro, too.
- Mixing bowl: I like to mix this together in a medium mixing bowl, then move it to a serving bowl for parties. If I’m eating it myself, I’ve been known to eat it standing in the kitchen from the mixing bowl. No judgment.
How To Make It
This dip is truly just one basic step: Dump and mix! Stir together the mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, dill, and garlic, and ta-da!
Taste this delicious 5-ingredient concoction, and feel free to add more lemon juice, dill, or even a little salt until it’s perfect for you. Let it chill in the fridge until party time! There’s no veggie platter that isn’t improved by this homemade sour cream dip.
What Veggies are Good for a Veggie Tray?
Veggie platters are always best with fresh vegetables that are in season. It’s also the best way to save money when shopping for fresh produce.
Celery and carrots are veggie tray staples, but there’s so many other options for this lemon dill dip. Try cherry tomatoes, radishes, broccoli, bell peppers, cauliflower, green beans, or asparagus!
If it’s crunchy, it’s perfect for veggie trays! I’m still trying to figure out how to add corn, too.
What’s the Difference Between Charcuterie and Crudite?
When it comes to appetizer platters, how do you tell charcuterie and crudite apart?
It sounds so complicated, but it’s truly so simple. Charcuterie typically refers to a mostly meat and cheese board, while crudite is a fancy way to say veggie tray.
You can always add a little crudite to your charcuterie with some fresh fruits and veggies with a yummy fruit dip mixed with the salami and amazing cheeses.
What To Serve With This
It’s not a party without Buffalo chicken dip. Turn your favorite chicken wings into a decadent appetizer that’s perfect with veggies or tortilla chips.
Not every appetizer has to be made on the stove or in the oven. Make these garlic cheese stuffed crescent rolls in the air fryer! They’re so easy but everyone loves them.
Add another vegetarian appetizer to the mix with these amazing avocado toast pockets! Put your favorite brunch dish in a phyllo dough for a super crunchy treat.
More Amazing Party Dips You’ll Love
- Grilled Eggplant Dip
- Creamy Salsa Dip
- Cilantro Lime Avocado Yogurt Dip
- Crockpot White Chili Chicken Dip
Do you have any amazing summer dip recipes? I’m always looking for more recipes to try! Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @SimplyStacie and let me know how you liked this and my other recipes!
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir together.
- Store in the fridge until ready to use. Serve with fresh veggies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g