Crockpot White Chili Chicken Dip is the creamiest chicken dip recipe that’s almost no work! This hearty appetizer is packed with shredded chicken, cream cheese, green chiles, white beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning, and mozzarella cheese. Perfect with tortilla chips!
Everyone loves a good dip. My favorite dip is a simple queso dip, but I wanted something different. A dip that falls outside the norm. A dip that is on the healthier side, packed with protein and low-fat ingredients.
That’s when I came up with this White Chili Chicken Dip. It’s so hearty and full of flavor, this dip hits the spot and is super versatile! Plus, save time with this white chicken chili dip recipe and make it in your slow cooker!
Now, this dish isn’t as healthy as a pile of fresh veggies. But, this dip is packed with protein. Yep – this dip is high in protein. You get protein from the cheese, the shredded chicken and in the white beans. Oh, and you get fiber from the beans, too! That’s just a little added bonus for you!
So you’re telling me I can enjoy a cheesy dip and not feel guilty about it? Yep! That’s exactly what I’m telling you! So dive in, don’t hold back and enjoy!
- Cooked chicken: Take it easy on this one by using a pre-cooked ready to eat shredded chicken. I used Del Real Foods Shredded Chicken, not because this is a sponsored post or because they asked me to mention them. I use this brand because it tastes amazing. And I love to share amazing things with my friends!
- Cilantro: The world is divided on cilantro, but I can’t get enough! It adds tons of herbaceous flavor and a hint of color, too.
- Garlic: Everything is truly better with garlic. If you don’t have any fresh garlic, use a couple teaspoons of garlic powder instead.
- Cumin: If your dip is missing a little something in the seasoning department, I bet it’s cumin. It’s got that great warm spice that you love about Mexican cuisine.
- Cream cheese: Make it extra creamy with cream cheese! I’ve tried using sour cream, too, but it wasn’t as creamy and thick. You can use low-fat cream cheese, too.
- Mozzarella cheese: In this dip I use mozzarella cheese, which is lower in fat than other cheeses. If you prefer cheddar or pepper jack cheese, use that!
- Green chiles: I’ve always been a green chiles fan. It’s got a little spice and a little sweetness without overpowering the dish.
- White beans: To make this dish even heartier, I add a can of creamy white beans. If you love a white chicken chili, this dip was made for you.
- Taco seasoning: You can use a store-bought taco seasoning mix or make your own taco seasoning.
- Diced tomatoes: Save time and use a can of diced tomatoes. If you want a little more spice, use Rotel tomatoes and chiles.
- Tortilla chips: I usually serve this dip recipe with some crunchy corn tortilla chips. You can always crunch some up for a garnish, too! Try my Air fryer tortilla chips.
What I Used For This Recipe
This post contains affiliate links.
Crockpot: I love this slow cooker because it has a locking lid. Never worry about spilling your chili on the way to the potluck again!
Cheese grater: You can always use pre-shredded cheese, but I find it doesn’t melt as well as freshly grated. This box grater is great for a number of sizes of shredded cheese.
How To Make It
- First, mix everything together — except the tortilla chips — together in the slow cooker.
- Mix it all together, and let the slow cooker do the work!
- Set your timer for an hour, though the dip may not take that long. Once the cheese is melted and the white chili chicken dip is warmed through, it’s ready to eat!
I like to serve this with tortilla chips, but it’s also a great addition to your tacos, burritos, burrito bowls, and enchiladas! With all that protein, this cheesy chicken dip can easily be a main dish, too.
Can You Put Raw Chicken in a Slow Cooker?
For this recipe, I usually use pre-cooked chicken, like shredded rotisserie chicken. You can also make your own shredded chicken in the Crockpot with raw chicken of your choice!
Much like boiling chicken, the steam envelops the chicken and cooks it without losing the juices. Just add a little salt, pepper, and chicken broth (or water if you’re out). And it’s way more flavorful than a simple boiled chicken breast!
When you’re cooking chicken, no matter the method, always be sure your chicken reaches at least 165 degrees F internally to kill all the potential salmonella germs.
How Long Does It Take Chicken to Cook in the Crockpot?
A slow cooker is one of the best ways to make chicken. It keeps the chicken from drying out and can make shredded chicken with minimal work.
Most Crockpots have two main settings, high and low. When I have the time, I prefer to cook my chicken in the Crockpot on low for about 8 hours. It makes the most tender and perfectly seasoned chicken breasts.
If you don’t have the time, cook your chicken on high! It may not be quite as tender, but it will still make an amazing weeknight chicken dinner!
What To Serve With This
You’re going to absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this dip!
I serve this dip when I make my Crockpot Beef Carnitas Tacos with Endive and Avocado Salad. I put the dip on my tacos. So yummy!
Or, you can just warm up a bowl in the microwave when you want a yummy snack! Your call!
More Party Food Recipes You’ll Love
- Tex-Mex Spinach Dip
- Keto Cheese Balls
- Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- Air Fryer Potato Chips
- Bacon Ranch Deviled Eggs
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
Do you have any amazing dip recipes? I’m always looking for more recipes to try! Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @SimplyStacie and let me know how you liked this and my other recipes!
- 2 cups cooked chicken (I used Del Real Foods Shredded Chicken)
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 block (8oz/250g) cream cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 (4oz/127ml) can green chilies
- 1 (540ml/19oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- ½ cup canned petite diced tomatoes
- Tortilla chips, to serve
- Set the crockpot on high for 1 hour.
- Take all ingredients (excluding the tortilla chips) and place in the Crockpot.
- Stir until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Place lid on Crockpot until the dip gets hot. It may not take a full hour for the dip to get hot so it’s important to stir ever 10 minutes, keeping an eye to ensure the dip doesn’t burn.
- When cheese is melted and hot, it’s ready!
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 10.1gSaturated Fat: 5.3gUnsaturated Fat: 3.2gCholesterol: 62.4mgSodium: 405.4mgCarbohydrates: 7.8gFiber: 2.1gSugar: 2.5gProtein: 20.3g