Tex-Mex Spinach Dip is a delicious twist on the classic! This Crockpot appetizer is made with everything you love about hot spinach dip plus salsa, Colby Jack cheese, and diced tomatoes with green chiles.
Appetizers are my favorite meal. Grazing is an art, and this Tex-Mex Spinach Dip recipe is one of my favorites! This creamy dip is made with just 6 ingredients in only an hour!
I always keep a bag of frozen spinach in the freezer for nights when I don’t want to cook but I do want to eat. You can dip almost anything in this warm dip.
Take your next tailgate party from ordinary to extraordinary with this spinach dip and my favorite oven baked chicken wings!
This Tex-Mex Spinach dip is not too spicy, but has loads of flavor. It’s great with tortilla chips or fresh veggies to dip to keep it low carb.
- Frozen spinach
- Baking spray
- Diced tomatoes with green chiles
- Cream cheese
- Colby Jack cheese
You can add artichokes to this spinach dip, but I always skip them. Make sure you use canned artichokes if you change it up.
What I used for my Tex-Mex Spinach Dip
This post contains affiliate links.
- Mixing bowls: I love using glass mixing bowls.
- Crockpot: I use my slow cooker constantly, and this Crockpot has a locking lid for easy travel to potlucks and dinner parties.
- Cheese grater: You can buy pre-shredded cheese, but it never melts as well as freshly shredded. This box grater is great for shredding and mincing garlic, cheese, and zucchini, too!
How to Make Tex-Mex Spinach Dip
- First, thaw your frozen spinach and drain it very well. I like to squeeze it between paper towels until it’s dry.
- While it thaws, grease your Crockpot lightly with the baking spray.
- Then, in a mixing bowl, combine the drained spinach, tomatoes and chiles, cream cheese, colby-jack cheese, and salsa. Once mixed, put spinach mixture into your greased Crockpot.
- Finally, cover your slow cooker and set it on high until the dip is hot and the cheese is fully melted.
Once it’s cooked, you can turn the Crockpot to warm until it’s time to serve. Be sure to stir every half hour or so to keep it from sticking to the sides.
How Long Can You Keep Homemade Spinach Dip?
This cream cheese spinach dip will last about 4 days in the refrigerator — if your family doesn’t gobble it up first!
You can reheat large amounts of dip in a Crockpot for a great make-ahead Christmas appetizer, or you can heat small amounts on the stovetop.
You can also just serve this cold! I won’t judge. I’ve been known to eat it straight out of the fridge with baby carrots, celery, or tortilla chips.
Can You Freeze Spinach Dip?
This spinach dip recipe is a great appetizer to freeze for later.
If you plan on freezing this dip, I recommend using full fat cream cheese. Low-fat cream cheese tends to break down and get watery when frozen and reheated.
Other amazing appetizer recipes to try…
- Crockpot White Chili Chicken Dip
- Keto Cheese Balls
- Bacon Ranch Deviled Eggs
- Cheesy Bacon Pinwheels
- Stuffed Bacon Rolls
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Creamy Salsa Dip
- Lemon Dill Dip
Do you have any amazing party food recipes? I’m always looking for more recipes to try! Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @SimplyStacie and let me know how you liked this and my other recipes!
- 1 package (10oz/300g) frozen chopped spinach
- Nonstick baking spray
- 1 can (540ml or two 10oz cans) diced tomatoes with green chiles, with juice
- 1 package (250g/8oz) cream cheese, softened and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups Colby-Jack or Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Thaw spinach and drain well, squeezing between paper towels until dry.
- Spray one slow cooker stoneware with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, tomatoes and chiles with juice, cream cheese, Colby-Jack and salsa. Transfer to prepared stoneware.
- Cover and cook on High for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and dip is hot. Turn to Warm for serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 366mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 10g