I absolutely can’t get enough of this cilantro lime avocado yogurt dip. It’s packed with herby flavors and is oh-so-colorful and incredibly easy to make! So, I love serving it at everything from picnics to summer garden parties!
This super-simple appetizer contains fresh lime juice for a hit of antioxidants and vitamin C. But I also love the healthy fats and protein punch you get from the avocado and Greek yogurt. Seriously, what doesn’t this recipe have?
Although not everyone’s a fan of cilantro (hey, it tastes like soap to some!), it’s a huge hit in this dip. It adds a fresh flavor to the dip and creates a vibrant green color that I adore.
Plus, the dip is sharp and tangy enough to serve with your favorite crudites like cucumbers, tomatoes, and carrots. That’s right, this dip strikes the perfect flavor balance that makes eating veggies fun again!
And as it contains no nasties or sugar, it’s perfect for whipping out when you’re on a health kick.
Why You’ll Love This Cilantro Lime Avocado Yogurt Dip
- It can be enjoyed with everything from pita bread to crudites and falafel!
- It’s bound to spice up any Mediterranean buffet table with its creamy tang.
- The dip is ready in a flash, making it a perfect pick for those last-minute dinner parties.
- You just dunk everything in a food processor and it’s good to go – couldn’t be easier!
The full printable recipe card with measurements and instructions is found at the bottom of the post.
- Greek yogurt. For the creamiest dip, I recommend using 5 or 10% fat yogurt. You can use fat-free, but the taste won’t be quite as rich.
- Avocado. Medium avocados work best, and you’ll want to make sure they’re perfectly ripe (but not turning brown).
- Fresh cilantro. For a fresh flavor that tastes delightfully herby. Plus, it adds a pleasant green color!
- Garlic. Just half a clove of garlic is needed for this recipe, but it adds tons of savory flavor to the dip.
- Lime juice. Fresh lime juice is your best friend for this dip as it adds a tangy zing.
- Chili powder. For heat and depth. You can adjust the amount based on your tolerance to spice!
- Tahini. Adds an incredible creaminess and tang to the dip that makes it so moreish!
How to Make Cilantro Lime Avocado Yogurt Dip
- Step One: Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Step Two: Blitz and blend until smooth. You may need to use a spoon to push down unblended ingredients from the size a few times.
- Step Three: Place your dip in a large bowl and serve with tasty crudites and sides!
To make the magic happen with this creamy dip, you honestly need minimal pieces of equipment. I suggest picking up these handy tools before diving in.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Cilantro Lime Avocado Yogurt Dip
You can eat this delicious dip by the spoonful on its own. But I recommend pairing it with a few tasty treats for a well-rounded bite!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Check your avocados carefully before using them. You’ll want to check that your avocados are soft and ripe, but you want to skip any that have brown spots or overly squishy areas. Overripe avocados will add an unpleasant taste and texture to your dip that you want to avoid.
- Carefully move a spoon down the sides of your blender until everything is perfectly smooth. High-speed appliances will sometimes splash bits of unblended avocado, cilantro, or Greek yogurt onto the sides of your food processor or blender. To avoid a lumpy dip, carefully stop your appliance and gently move down the unblended parts. You should get a much smoother result this way!
- It’s worth pulsing your dip a few times at the end just to make sure it’s smooth. If you want a chunkier version, just pulse it and skip the blending for more chunks!
Variations and Substitutions
- If you absolutely can’t stand cilantro, parsley or dill can replace it. But honestly, it’s such a crucial part of this dip that I don’t recommend doing it!
- You can make this dip dairy-free and vegan by swapping the Greek yogurt for plain non-dairy yogurt!
- If you don’t like spice, take out the chili powder (or add in serrano peppers if you enjoy spice!).
- If you want to make your dip thicker, you can throw in extra avocado. Just add in a couple of slices at a time until it reaches your desired consistency. If things are too thick, thin out your dip with water or a bit of extra lime juice!
I recommend eating this cilantro lime avocado dip immediately (when it’s at its best!).
But you can also pop it in an airtight container or sealed mason jar for up to 4 days if you want to savor it.
Can I Freeze?
You can freeze this dip for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
Just periodically check it for freezer burn if you don’t plan to use it quickly.
- Dill Pickle Dip
- Grilled Eggplant Dip
- Crockpot White Chili Chicken Dip
- Lemon Dill Dip
- Creamy Salsa Dip
- Cinnamon Cream Cheese Dip
Cilantro Lime Avocado Yogurt Dip
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium avocado chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ garlic clove minced
- Juice of one lime
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp tahini
- Add ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.