Making a rich and creamy veggie dip that is also healthy is easier than ever with this recipe for Grilled Eggplant Dip!
Only a few simple ingredients and you can make this delicious and healthy dip to serve with veggies and crusty bread, chips, pretzels, or whatever you like to dip! Eggplant gets grilled, scooped out and mashed up, and then mixed with a few ingredients you already have in your kitchen; it is really that easy!
Grilled Eggplant is tender and flavorful and mixes easily with yogurt to make this tasty dip for a party or to have around with vegetables to make snacking easier, giving you more options as an alternative to store-bought dips packed full of calories and fat.
- Eggplant: The main ingredient that gets grilled and mashed
- Plain Greek Yogurt: Creamy and rich base for the dip. Make sure you get plain and not vanilla!
- Garlic: Strong flavor profile to add to the delicious taste and aroma of this dip
- Lemon Juice: Works with the other ingredients to add more flavor and smoothness to the texture of the dip
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Used during grilling to keep eggplant moist and prevent sticking
- Salt: Magnifies the other flavors and brings them to life
- Parsley: Another flavor to add balance to the dip and also as a garnish to add a little color when serving
How to Make
- Grill: Grill the eggplant using whichever method works for you.
- Mash: Scoop out the flesh of the eggplant and mash it up evenly.
- Mix: Mix the eggplant flesh with other ingredients until well incorporated.
- Chill: Place the dip in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Garnish: Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links.
- Ninja® Foodi™ 4-in-1 Indoor Grill with 4-Quart Air Fryer
- I’ve also made it on the George Foreman Grill in the past.
- Lemon juicer
- Garlic Press
- Allow the dip to chill overnight and then stir well. This will allow the ingredients to combine more and the dip to have a deeper flavor.
- Fresh lemon juice is best, but if you don’t have any you can use the bottled juice.
- If you don’t have fresh parsley or garlic you can use dried parsley and garlic powder instead.
- You can use sour cream if you don’t like the flavor or texture of Greek yogurt.
How to Store
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
What to Serve with Grilled Eggplant Dip
- Fresh vegetables
- Toasted crusty bread
- Chicken Tenders/Strips
Do you peel eggplant before grilling?
You don’t need to peel the eggplant as it protects the flesh from being scorched and drying out too much while grilling.
More Dip Recipes
- Cilantro Lime Avocado Yogurt Dip
- Lemon Dill Dip
- Tex-Mex Spinach Dip
- Creamy Salsa Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 1 eggplant (about 1 lb/450 g)
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil + 1 tablespoon for grilling
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped, optional
- If using a traditional BBQ: Pierce eggplant all over with a fork. Place on a greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until charred and wrinkled and flesh is softened, about 20 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- If using an indoor grill: Pierce eggplant all over with a fork. Cut in half lengthwise. Brush entire eggplant with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place cut side down on the indoor grill (I used the Ninja Foodi Grill). Set for MAX heat and grill for 12 minutes.
- If using the BBQ: slice eggplant open and scoop flesh into a bowl, discarding skin. If using the indoor grill, scoop out eggplant flesh into a bowl, discarding the skin.
- Mash and let drain in fine-mesh sieve for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine Greek yogurt, eggplant, garlic, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon olive oil and salt.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired. Makes 1½ cups.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g