Crispy toasted ravioli is air fried to a delicious golden brown for a crowd pleasing party appetizer. Serve this easy snack idea with pizza sauce or marinara sauce. Air Fryer Ravioli will soon become a family favorite!
I think air fryer toasted ravioli may be my new favorite appetizer! Each bite of breaded ravioli is flavorful and addicting. I love how the air fryer makes the breaded exterior crispy and then you have an explosion of flavor inside. So good!
Since I got my air fryer in 2020, I’ve been trying out a bunch of easy air fryer recipes. I love how the air fryer gives that deep fried taste without the grease. You only need a little oil for this recipe and that’s so the coated ravioli won’t stick to the air fryer basket.
My motto is use the deep fryer if you have an air fryer. Seriously. You need one if you don’t have one yet. I use it more than my slow cooker and that’s saying a lot!
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Ravioli Recipe
- Use your favorite ravioli recipe
- Delicious appetizer that’s easy and quick to make in less than 30 minutes
- Perfect recipe to beginners to air frying
- Can be prepared with any air fryer model
- Served with your favorite dipping sauces
- Yummy finger food to feed about 8 people
- Can be doubled or tripled if you need to feed a larger crowd
- Easy recipe that the kids can help make
- Simple ingredients
The full printable recipe card with measurements and instructions is found at the bottom of the post.
- All-purpose flour
- Italian breadcrumbs – Use store-bought or make your own.
- Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning – Use store-bought or use my recipe for homemade Italian seasoning.
- Garlic salt
- Fresh ravioli – My favorite is cheese ravioli. Other types of ravioli would work, too. It’s based on your personal preference.
How to Make Easy Air Fryer Ravioli
- Step One: Place flour in a shallow bowl. Add eggs to a second bowl and whisk together. Add breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic salt to another bowl and stir to combine.
- Step Two: Dip individual ravioli in flour, then egg and then breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- Step Three: Preheat air fryer to 350°F (if your model calls for preheating). Set air fryer for 8 minute cook time (if your model calls for that).
- Step Four: Add ravioli in a single layer to the air fryer basket. You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer. Spritz ravioli with an oil spray (I like grapeseed oil). Air fry for 4 minutes. Then, flip ravioli over, spritz with more oil and air fryer an additional 4 minutes or until golden.
- Step Five: Remove from air fryer and serve hot with pizza sauce or marinara sauce.
This post contains affiliate links.
- Air fryer – I use a Ninja Foodi.
- Shallow bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
What to Serve with Delicious Air Fryer Ravioli
Serve up these easy air fryer appetizers along with your fried ravioli.
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Fried Pickles
You’ll also like these Air Fryer Crab Cakes.
Craving more ravioli recipes? Try Slow Cooker Ravioli Lasagna or Ravioli with Creamy Garlic Butter Sauce.
Variations and Substitutions
- Use grated Romano cheese instead of Parmesan cheese.
- Use basil, oregano or even thyme instead of the Italian seasoning.
- Use garlic powder and/or onion powder instead of the garlic salt.
- You can use frozen ravioli instead of fresh ravioli. You don’t need to thaw it or cook it ahead of time. However, you may need to cook it slightly longer because it’s frozen (15 to 20 minutes).
- Add a little heat to the breading by adding some red pepper flakes.
- Use panko breadcrumbs instead of Italian bread crumbs.
I recommend enjoying them fresh if you can. They taste amazing right out of the air fryer when they are still hot (let them cool a little though so you don’t burn your mouth!).
If you want to store them and reheat them later, place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How to Reheat Fried Ravioli in the Air Fryer
You can use your air fryer to reheat as well! Preheat your air fryer to 350F. Add the ravioli to the air fryer in a single layer and air fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
How to Serve
- Serve them as an appetizer with your favorite dipping sauces.
- Serve as a side dish with your favorite Italian recipes for a hearty meal.
- Enjoy as a quick snack on their own.
Where Do I Find Fresh Ravioli?
I find it in refrigerated section of the grocery near the cheese and deli.
Can I Use Frozen Ravioli?
Yes, you can use frozen ravioli and you don’t even need to cook it ahead of time or thaw it.
You will need to air fry it for longer since it is frozen (15 to 20 minutes). Make sure you check on it to make sure it’s not burning since all air fryer models are different.
Do I Need to Coat the Air Fryer Basket in Oil?
I don’t. I use an oil sprayer filled with grapeseed oil to spritz the ravioli.
DO NOT use cooking spray. You could damage your air fryer basket. Straight oil is fine, but the cooking sprays have other ingredients in them that make them not air fryer friendly.
Dipping Sauce Ideas
- Marinara sauce
- Pizza sauce
- Ranch dressing
- Caesar salad dressing
- Pesto sauce
- Pizza Dip
- Oven Baked Chicken Wings
- Crab Dip
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Balls
- Mac and Cheese Cups
Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, Facebook at Simply Stacie, TikTok @simplystacierecipes or Pinterest at @simplystacie and let me know how you liked this recipe and my other recipes.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Air Fryer Ravioli
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 package fresh ravioli (10oz/300g) your choice of flavor
- Add flour to a bowl. Add eggs to another bowl and whisk together. Add breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic salt to another bowl and stir to combine.
- Dip individual ravioli in flour, then egg and then breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F (if your model calls for preheating). Set air fryer for 8 minute cook time (if your model calls for that).
- Add ravioli in a single layer to the air fryer basket. You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer. Spritz ravioli with oil (I like grapeseed oil). Air fry for 4 minutes. Then, flip ravioli over, spritz with more oil and air fryer an additional 4 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from air fryer and serve hot with pizza sauce or marinara sauce.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Leave a Reply