This homemade spice mix blend is easy to make in minutes with pantry staples. Add Italian Seasoning to your favorite recipes including pizza, meatballs, salad dressing and more for delicious flavor.
I love making my own spice blends! They are great to whip up in a pinch when you run out of something you need and don’t want to make a special trip to the grocery store.
You can control the flavor and the ingredients and know exactly what’s in your seasoning mix. It’s just a matter of mixing up a small amount of spices and adding them to an airtight container. Easy peasy and ready for your spice rack!
This homemade Italian seasoning mix is so versatile and is one of the most frequently used spices in my kitchen. Keep this recipe hand (you can print out the recipe card and keep it in your recipe binder if you have one). You’ll never have to buy storebought spices again if you don’t want to.
Why You’ll Love This Italian Seasoning Recipe
- Easy to make with pantry spices
- Versatile seasoning and can be used in your favorite Italian dishes
- Makes a great gift
- Customize to suit your family’s preferences
- Keeps for a long time in your spice cabinet
- Made with common herbs
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Dried thyme
- Dried rosemary
- Dried marjoram
- Dried sage
How to Make Homemade Italian Seasoning Blend
- Step One: Add all ingredients into a bowl. Mix together.
- Step Two: Store in a spice jar.
This post contains affiliate links.
How to Use Italian Seasoning
- Use your in your favourite Italian recipes or other favorite dishes
- Add to olive oil for bread dipping
- Use in your homemade salad dressing
- Add on top of garlic bread or pizza for extra flavor
The general recommendation is 6 months if stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry space. I usually keep them much longer though and they’ve been fine.
Recipes with Italian Seasoning
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- ½ tbsp dried rosemary
- ½ tbsp dried marjoram
- 1 tsp savory
- 1 tsp dried sage
- Add all ingredients into a bowl. Mix together.
- Store in a spice jar.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.