This Lazy Lasagna is a super easy Crockpot recipe made with frozen ravioli, homemade tomato sauce with beef and loads of cheese. You’ll love all the cheesy, hearty layers. Plus, this Slow Cooker Ravioli Lasagna is freezer friendly!
I’ve made Slow Cooker Lasagna before, but I thought it was time I tried something a little different. Crockpot Lasagna with Ravioli is where it’s at. It’s even easier and just as delicious as regular lasagna.
I love lasagna, but I hate how much work it is to prepare. Even thinking about it makes me tired. I want EASY recipes which is why I’m loving this super simple crockpot casserole. One bite and you’ll be hooked!
I use my slow cooker all year round. I can throw ingredients on in the morning or at noon (depending on the cook time of the recipe) and dinner is a breeze. I put the slow cooker insert in the dishwasher too so there aren’t a ton of dishes to clean afterwards either.
For this frozen ravioli lasagna, you’ll need the following ingredients. The full printable recipe card is found at the bottom of the post with measurements and instructions.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Ground beef – I like lean ground beef.
- Onion – I prefer to use sweet onion, but any onion will do.
- Garlic cloves
- Italian seasoning – Try my homemade Italian seasoning.
- Red pepper flakes – Don’t worry, it won’t make the dish spicy.
- Salt and pepper
- Crushed tomatoes – I use an entire 28oz can.
- 1 bag of frozen ravioli – You can use any variety. I could only find cheese stuffed ravioli at our local store.
- Mozzarella cheese – Don’t buy the pre-shredded kind in the bag because it has additives that make it melt kinda funny.
- Parmesan cheese
- Dried parsley – Totally optional to add this ingredient. I use for a little color.
How to Make
1. Add olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add ground beef, onions, garlic, Italian seasoning, red chili flakes, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until ground beef is cooked and onions are softened. Drain excess grease if needed.
2. Stir in crushed tomatoes.
3. Spread a small layer of sauce on the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker. Add a layer of frozen ravioli.
4. Add a layer of mozzarella cheese. Repeat with a layer of sauce, ravioli and mozzarella cheese until you end up with sauce on top.
5. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
Turn off slow cooker and let sit for 20 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with dried parsley, if desired.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
These kitchen essentials will help you make this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
- Garlic press – This handy tool makes mincing garlic a BREEZE!
- Slow Cooker – I use a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cheese grater – Freshly shredded cheese tastes so much better than the bagged shredded cheese, in my opinion!
If you have any leftover Slow Cooker Ravioli Lasagna, make sure to remove it from the Crockpot and put it in resealable storage containers once it’s cooled. Store in the fridge up to 3 days. Microwave for a few minutes when you are ready to enjoy again.
Can You Freeze Ravioli Lasagna
Yes, you can freeze it! Store in freezer safe containers for up to three months. Thaw it out in the fridge before you microwave and eat it.
- Make sure to use at least a 6 quart slow cooker (or larger). You don’t want the ingredients to overflow out the top of the slow cooker.
- Pre-cook the ground beef and onions ahead to save on time. Store them in the fridge in a container till you’re ready to use.
Side Dish Suggestions
- Caesar salad – Buy the bagged salad at your grocery to easily throw together.
- Dinner rolls or breadsticks – These Garlic Cheese Stuffed Crescent Rolls made in the air fryer are ridiculously good and super easy.
- Garlic bread – We love these Easy Garlic Twists made with refrigerated biscuit dough. These Garlic Biscuits are also delish.
- Vegetables – Add a little veggies to your meal. Brussel Sprouts with Lemon and Pancetta is yummy.
- No onions or garlic? Substitute onion powder and garlic powder in their place. Use 1 tablespoon each.
- Switch up the type of frozen ravioli you use. Try beef ravioli, spinach and cheese ravioli, or even butternut squash ravioli. Whatever you like and can find!
- Try it with ground turkey, ground chicken or sausage instead of ground beef.
- Add some spinach to your beef and onion mixture.
- Make it extra meaty by adding a layer of frozen meatballs.
- Use 3 jars of your favorite pasta sauce instead of preparing the meat mixture. You’ll cut out the stovetop step this way.
Why is it called Lazy Lasagna
It’s WAY less work than a traditional lasagna. There’s no need to cook the noodles and the slow cooker does all the work for you!
If you want to make it extra simple, use jarred pasta sauce instead of preparing your own.
Fuss-free lasagna for the win!
More Lasagna Inspired Recipes
Check out my web story.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 bag (1lb or 25oz) frozen ravioli
- 5 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Dried parsley, for garnish, if desired
- Add olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add ground beef, onions, garlic, Italian seasoning, red chili flakes, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until ground beef is cooked and onions are softened. Drain excess grease if needed.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes.
- Spread a small layer of sauce on the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker. Add a layer of frozen ravioli. Add a layer of mozzarella cheese. Repeat with a layer of sauce, ravioli and mozzarella cheese until you end up with sauce on top.
- Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Turn off slow cooker and let sit for 20 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with dried parsley, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 586Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 1282mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 47g