Slow Cooker Lasagna is a super-easy way to get your pasta fix. A meatless lasagna recipe that uses spinach, ricotta cheese, and more to create the cheesiest lasagna recipe.
After a long day, the last thing I feel like doing is slaving in the kitchen for hours on end. I rely on my slow cooker multiple times during the week. My little helper practically does all the work for me!
Slow Cooker Lasagna
Some recipes, it’s a matter of dumping the ingredients and setting it on low. Others are a wee bit more work. This recipe for slow cooker lasagna is one of those easy recipes. The only “real” work is chopping up some veggies and mixing ingredients in a bowl.
Do You Have to Boil Noodles for Slow Cooker Lasagna
No! This is why I love this recipe so much. You don’t even have to boil the noodles! Get the comfort food flavour of lasagna that your family loves without spending hours in the kitchen. You just put the hard noodles in and as it bakes they will tenderize like regular pasta!
John adores lasagna and always asks me to make it. I rarely make it the traditional way anymore. It’s so time-consuming and there are many other ways to get the same lasagna taste without the extra work. This recipe isn’t my first lasagna hack. I’ve shared a Lasagna Tater Tot Casserole, Lasagna Bowl and Lasagna Soup previously.
Meatless Crockpot Lasagna
This is a meatless recipe to save on time. However, you could include some ground beef, chicken or turkey if you like. Just cook it in a skillet first before adding it your sauce.
It’s slow cooker season so why not try a new recipe. If you enjoy comfort food, you’ll most likely love this recipe. And I know you’ll love how easy it is to make.
How Long Does it Take to Cook Lasagna in the Slow Cooker
For my slow cooker lasagna recipe it took around 3 hours and 15 minutes to cook. The key is ensuring your pasta is tender and fully cooked. When your pasta is cooked your lasagna is ready to slice up and serve your family or guests.
What to Serve With Lasagna
- Garlic Bread
- Roasted or Steamed Broccoli
- Green Beans
- Crisp Green Salad
- Or any other side dish you enjoy!
Can I Add Meat to this Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe
Of course. Cook up and ground your beef, sausage or turkey and mix it into the sauce mixture or create its own layer of just meat as you create your layers.
Now, adding meat will change how much fits into the slow cooker. So if you have extra noodles leftover just save them back for another meal later down the line.
How to Make Slow Cooker Lasagna
You want to start by grabbing a bowl to mix up your ricotta filling. Mix in all the ingredients and set it aside. Then in another bowl work in creating your pasta sauce base.
Now in your slow cooker start with your tomato base and do a layer to cover the bottom of the slow cooker. Then add in a layer of noodles, then spinach, and 1/3 of the ricotta mixture. Now top with mozzarella then tomato mixture, and then noodles. Repeat the spinach, ricotta, cheese, etc. Then cook for around 3 hours or until the noodles are cooked through.
Looking for more pasta inspiration
- 5 Soup Pasta | If you are looking for an easy but tasty pasta dish, this is one you got to try. You might be shocked and have all the ingredients in your pantry already!
- Pasta E Fagioli | I am such a fan of this dish right here. Pasta, beans, tomato-based sauce, cheese and more come together for an easy dish to whip up.
- Spicy Sausage and Pepper One Pot Pasta | Looking for a simple one-pot dish. Minimal cleanup, loads of spice and flavor in every single bite.
How to Store Leftover Lasagna
You will want to store your leftover lasagna in the fridge. This will last 4-5 days since meatless or if you add meat it will store for up to three days. Then when you want just warm up a slice in the microwave or cook some extra in the oven until warmed through.
If you love lasagna but want an easy method you will need to try this. Skip the boiling water, and whip up my slow cooker recipe today!
You’ll also like this Slow Cooker Ravioli Lasagna.
Have you made lasagna in your slow cooker?
- 16 oz partly skim ricotta
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 box lasagna noodles (DO NOT COOK)*
- 28 oz diced tomatoes, drained
- 28 oz pasta sauce
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 oz baby spinach (about 3-4 cups)
- In a medium bowl add ricotta, peppers, red pepper flakes, oregano, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. Combine well; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine diced tomatoes, pasta sauce, and parsley; set aside.
- In a 6 quart slow cooker, add about 1 cup of tomato mixture to the bottom (enough to just cover the bottom). Add a layer of noodles on top, breaking to fit. Add half the baby spinach. Add 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, loosely spreading it around with spatula. Top with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese then 1/3 of the remaining tomato mixture. Add another layer of noodles, then repeat layering with spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, and tomato mixture. Top with noodle layer, then remaining ricotta, tomatoes, and then mozzarella.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours, or until the noodles are tender.**
- Remove cover and allow to cook for at least 15 minutes. Slice and serve.
*Be sure to use regular lasagna noodles. NOT the ‘no boil’ noodles.
**After the 3 hour cook time, it is fine to leave the lasagna ‘warming’ throughout the day. If your slow cooker has an auto shut off, then you can use that too.
If you would like to add meat to this recipe, just cook ground beef/turkey prior to adding lasagna to slow cooker. Then add meat into layers of lasagna. You might have extra lasagna noodles after assembling – that is fine, just use what you need and save rest for another time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 614Total Fat: 14.1gSaturated Fat: 7.8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5.1gCholesterol: 56.1mgSodium: 1176.3mgCarbohydrates: 77.8gFiber: 12.1gSugar: 12.3gProtein: 40.5g