Lasagna Stuffed Chicken is keto comfort food! Tender chicken breasts are stuffed with a ricotta filling and smothered in marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Lasagna Stuffed Chicken
It’s easy to stretch your budget when you’re cooking with chicken. I find it’s one of the most affordable proteins at the grocery store and that is one big reason why we eat it so often.
And it’s delicious too….
This Lasagna Stuffed Chicken recipe is divine! Think lasagna without the pasta (and all those carbs) and using chicken instead of ground beef. I also use ricotta cheese, but you could easily substitute cottage cheese. Whatever your preference is!
It’s not an elaborate meal to make either. Prep time is about 5 minutes and it bakes for 35 minutes. I love it for busy weeknights when you need to get dinner on the table quickly.
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.
I love simple recipes. The more straightforward, the better, in my books. Chicken.ca has a Quick n’ Easy recipe section that is FULL of meal ideas. We are getting into the busy time of year with back to school and everyone is rushing around. You need these recipes to feed your family and save your sanity.
For example, how delicious does this One-Pot Broccoli, Chicken and Cheese Pasta look? I’m drooling over my keyboard.
Lasagna Stuffed Chicken Ingredients
I recommend you use the Shopping with Chicken grocery app when you prepare your grocery list. You can even sync it with others in realtime if you are shopping with a friend or spouse. Plus, it’s free to download and use!
For the Lasagna Stuffed Chicken, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Ricotta cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Marinara sauce
How to Make Lasagna Stuffed Chicken
Start by preheating the oven to 375F. Grease a 9×13 casserole dish with olive oil.
Butterfly the chicken. Drizzle chicken with olive oil and season with Italian seasoning, garlic and salt.
In a bowl, add the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, parsley, salt and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
Scoop the ricotta mixture onto one side of the open chicken breast and fold the other side over top. Place the chicken in the casserole dish.
Spoon the marinara sauce evenly over the chicken breasts.
Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top. Bake for another 5 minutes. Serve hot.
More Budget Friendly Chicken Recipes
- Sticky Chicken
- No Peek Chicken
- Russian Chicken
- Sour Cream Chicken Bake
- Brown Sugar Chicken
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Pizza Stuffed Chicken
Let me know if you try this Lasagna Stuffed Chicken and how it turned out for you. I hope you and your family LOVE it!
This post contains affiliate links.
I also highly recommend this Low Carb & Keto Meal Plan subscription. Use the code SIMPLYSTACIE for 15% off.
Lasagna Stuffed Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp Italian seasoning divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded (divided)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9×13 inch casserole dish with olive oil.
- Butterfly the chicken. Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and season with ½ tsp Italian seasoning, garlic powder and ½ tsp salt.
- In a medium bowl, add ricotta cheese, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, parsley, ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp Italian seasoning. Stir together.
- Scoop ricotta mixture onto one side of the open chicken breast and fold the other side over top. Place chicken in the casserole dish.
- Spoon marinara sauce evenly over the chicken breasts.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top. Bake for another 5 minutes. Serve hot.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.