You know those restaurants that bring you a basket of warm, fresh biscuits to snack on while you wait for your meal? I always end up eating way too many and then I’m not hungry when my entree finally arrives.
I decided to try my hand and see if I could make something similar at home. I think I found a winner! I have a recipe for Easy Cheesy Garlic Biscuits that rivals the restaurants’. Oh my are they good! Plus, they are so easy to make that they practically make themselves. Ok well not really, but they aren’t hard at all.
There’s no rolling or kneading dough and they take only 8 minutes to bake in the oven. Next time I make these I’m going to double the recipe since they do not last long….
This recipe would also be appropriate to make in honour of National Garlic Day on April 19th. Yes, it’s really a food holiday. The biscuits have garlic powder mixed in the batter and fresh garlic on top. Yum!
You’ll also love this Country Gravy.
- 2 cups Bisquick biscuit mix
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup salted butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the biscuit mix, milk, cheese and garlic powder until it becomes a doughy mixture.
- Drop the dough in heaping spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. I made my biscuits quite big, but you could make the smaller (and make more of them) by using less dough for each one.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In small bowl, mix together the melted butter and minced garlic. Brush the butter mixture on the top of each biscuit. Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 318mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g