Creamy Garlic Chicken with Noodles is an easy and flavorful family dinner with a creamy garlic sauce, tender chicken over a bed of egg noodles. Just like beef stroganoff, but with chicken!
This super simple dinner recipe is hearty and filling. Creamy Garlic Chicken with Noodles reminds me of a creamy, dreamy alfredo pasta dish that you can get at your local Italian restaurant.
Bursting with delicious garlic flavor, this homemade creamy sauce has a slight zing from the white wine and is super easy to whip up.
If you love garlic cream sauce and you’re looking for more creamy, rich main dish recipes, you have to try this Chicken Alfredo Pierogi Casserole.
Why You’ll Love This Creamy Garlic Chicken Recipe
- It uses pantry staple simple ingredients you already have in your kitchen cabinets
- Relatively inexpensive meal to bring together
- Rich and full of so much flavorEasy recipe to customize
- An easy meal the whole family will love
- Dinner is on the table in 30 minutes- perfect for a busy weeknight
Garlic Chicken Pasta Recipe Ingredients
- Egg noodles: Cooked ahead of time and ready to go
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts: Cut into strips
- Chopped yellow onion
- Sliced cremini mushrooms
- Heavy cream
- White wine: Alcohol-free wine is fine too
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley: For an optional garnish
How to Make Creamy Garlic Chicken with Noodles
- Step One: Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken, mushroom, onions and garlic. Sauté until no pink remains in the juicy chicken breasts, about 10 minutes.
- Step Two: In another small pot, add your cream, wine, salt and pepper and heat to a boil over medium-high heat. Mix together the cornstarch and water and add it to the mixture. Boil this until the liquid is reduced to about half of what it started as and is thickened to your desired consistency.
- Step Three: Now, add the cream mixture to the chicken and mix it all together.
- Step Four: Add parsley and season with salt and pepper. Serve over a bed of egg noodles.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Creamy Garlic Pasta
Here are some super easy side dish type recipes to serve with this amazing Creamy Garlic Chicken with Noodles.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- While cooking the chicken and sauteing the onion and garlic, be sure to stir the onions and garlic around so you don’t burn them.
- For an even richer, creamier flavor, reserve some pasta water to add to your recipe.
- Using a small amount of pasta water in the sauce helps make sure the sauce covers all the cooked pasta.
- For best results, make sure your water is at a rolling boil before adding the noodles to be cooked. Don’t forget to cook your pasta ahead of time according to the package instructions.
- Always check the internal temperature of your chicken as it needs to be 165F to be safe to eat.
- You can even use leftover chicken to make this recipe even easier.
- Don’t replace the heavy cream with any other dairy product with a lower fat content or you’ll use the creamy and rich flavor in the sauce.
Variations and Substitutions
- Add lemon juice for a pop of citrus flavor
- Swap regular egg noodles for Amish egg noodles
- Try other mushroom varieties
- Add in other veggies like peas, carrots, spinach, kale, asparagus, prosciutto, etc.
- Roast the garlic before using to bring out even more garlic flavor
- Toss in some more cooked protein choices like shrimp, steak or sausage
- Try this with boneless chicken thighs or rotisserie chicken instead of chicken breasts
- Add freshly grated parmesan cheese for more creaminess
Any leftover garlic chicken noodles can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
I recommend reheating on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Can I Freeze?
You can try to freeze leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. Keep in mind that when you thaw this recipe, the creamy sauce may start to separate, so be careful.
What Kind of Noodles Should I Use?
You can use any noodles for this recipe. The chicken and cream sauce will be perfect on any bed of traditional pasta or nontraditional pasta, like penne pasta, spaghetti noodles, fettuccine, angel hair pasta, zucchini noodles, etc.
What Kind of Wine Should I Use?
I like to use a dry white wine in this recipe. I prefer to use Pinot Grigio, but you can also try a sauvignon blanc or a dry chardonnay.
Can I Skip the Wine?
Feel free to omit the wine and use chicken broth or chicken stock in its place.
Making this Creamy Garlic Chicken with Noodles recipe couldn’t get any easier. It’s actually a two pot meal, instead of my favorite kind (the one pot meal recipes) that really doesn’t dirty up the whole kitchen. The less time I have to spend cleaning up the kitchen, the better!
This super yummy dinner has become a family favorite any night of the week. I love how it uses budget friendly ingredients to create such a flavorful and delicious meal!
Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, Facebook at Simply Stacie, TikTok @simplystacierecipes or Pinterest at @simplystacie and let me know how you liked this recipe and my other recipes.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 12 oz package egg noodles, cooked
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup white wine (alcohol-free wine is fine too)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken, mushroom, onions and garlic. Sauté until no pink remains on the chicken, about 10 minutes.
- In another small pot, add cream, wine, salt and pepper and heat to a boil over medium-high heat. Mix together cornstarch and water and add to mixture. Boil until the liquid is reduced to about half and is thickened to your desired consistency.
- Add cream mixture to the chicken and mix together.
- Add parsley and season with salt and pepper. Serve over a bed of egg noodles.
I used Pinot Grigio for the wine.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 257mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 31g