One bite of this Crack Chicken Spaghetti and you’ll be hooked! This easy and delicious dinner recipe is creamy, cheesy and addictive. It’s loaded with chicken, bacon, veggies and spaghetti noodles in a flavorful cream cheese based sauce.
What I Love About This Recipe
Crack Chicken Spaghetti. It’s got a catchy name and an amazing taste you won’t soon forget. I always get major compliments when I make this dish.
Crack Chicken is basically a combination of these ingredients: Ranch seasoning mix, bacon, chicken, cheddar and cream cheese. Together, they are magical.
You may know it as Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti or Chicken Bacon Ranch Spaghetti. Whatever you call it, just know that it’s so darn good! And easy to make, too.
Did I mention it’s a one-pot meal? Yep, it is. You won’t have a million pans on the go during the prep work or a big clean-up to tackle after dinner is over.
Creamy. Cheesy. Savory. Easy to find and inexpensive ingredients. I use real cheese (no Velveeta!) in my Crack Chicken Spaghetti.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this yummy family dinner recipe.
Note: The full printable recipe card can be found at the bottom of the post.
- Cooked chicken that has been shredded – use up your leftovers!
- Can of cream of chicken soup
- Chicken broth
- Cream – I used 10% cream. You could substitute milk in its place.
- Bacon – Cook it and chop it up.
- Cream cheese
- Ranch seasoning packet – I find it in the salad dressing aisle in the grocery store.
- Cheddar cheese
- Spaghetti noodles – Break them in half before putting them into the pot.
- Fresh chives – This ingredient is an optional garnish.
How to Make
1. Add chicken, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, cream, carrots, celery, onion, bacon, cream cheese, Ranch seasoning, salt and pepper to a large pot. Bring to a boil on medium high heat.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes.
3. Increase the heat to medium high and add spaghetti noodles. Cook for 9 to 11 minutes, or until noodles are done.
4. Stir in cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with chives. Serve hot.
- Buy the can of condensed cream of chicken soup that you have to add water to when you are making the stop. You DON’T add water for this recipe. I wanted to clarify in case this question comes out. I like Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup.
- Stir LOTS when the noodles are cooking in the sauce. You don’t want the sauce to burn or the noodles to stick to the bottom of the pan. It will be more soup-like when the noodles first go in, but it will thicken as the noodles cook.
- For a more saucier spaghetti, use less noodles.
- Leftover chicken is great for this recipe. You could also use leftover turkey. If I don’t have any leftovers, I will bake chicken breasts. Two small chicken breasts or one large chicken breast will work. Season your chicken with some salt and pepper or your favorite spices before you cook it if you like.
- I use regular cream cheese and not the low fat version. I love the creaminess it adds to the recipe.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Round up these kitchen essentials to help you make this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for to three days. Simply add some of the recipe to a bowl and heat in the microwave for a couple minutes when you want to enjoy. It won’t be as “saucy”, but it will still taste amazing!
It’s a hard recipe to freeze because of all the dairy. I find it takes a weird consistency after it’s been frozen and thawed.
- Try a different type of pasta. Some ideas are linguine, fettuccine, rotini or even simple macaroni.
- Leave out the meat if you want to make it vegetarian.
- Can’t find cream of chicken soup? Try another cream based soup like cream of mushroom or cream of celery.
- Bring out the Velveeta cheese instead of the shredded cheddar for a super creamy and cheesy texture.
- Save time by using a store-bought rotisserie chicken.
What to Serve with Crack Chicken Spaghetti
More Easy Spaghetti Recipes
Have you tried Crack Chicken before? I’m planning to make more recipes. I think a Crack Chicken Noodle Soup is next!
If you make the recipe, tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 (284ml/10.5oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (250ml/8oz) package cream cheese
- 1 (28g/1oz) packet Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups spaghetti, uncooked, broken in half
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped, for garnish
- Add chicken, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, cream, carrots, celery, onion, bacon, cream cheese, Ranch seasoning, salt and pepper to a large pot. Bring to a boil on medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Increase the heat to medium high and add spaghetti noodles. Cook for 9 to 11 minutes, or until noodles are done. Stir frequently to prevent the noodles from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with chives.
I used half a 900g package of spaghetti noodles. It works to about a 14 to 15oz package.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 568Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 2239mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 32g