This original Shirley Temple recipe is fruity, sweet, refreshing thanks to orange juice, lemon and lime soda, and flavorful cherries. Treat yourself to a treat!
Satisfy the craving for your favorite childhood drink recipe by making this sweet Shirley Temple. Bright, sparkly, and full of fruity flavors, this simple drink recipe is the perfect treat for any occasion.
We like to make special beverages at least once or twice a week to enjoy with our favorite snacks. There are a few drinks that stay in rotation at our homes and those include this cranberry mint mocktail, sparkling grape lemonade, and peachy sparkler recipe.
- Ice: Use any kind of ice you want! We like to use cubed ice, but crushed is okay, too. You’ll want to make sure you have ice on hand so these drinks can be served cold.
- Orange Juice: The orange juice gives this Shirley Temple drink its hints of tropical and sweet flavors.
- Lemon-Lime Soda: Ginger Ale, Sprite, 7-Up, or any other type of lemon-lime soda will work for this drink.
- Grenadine: The classic staple in this iconic drink, grenadine is a non-alcoholic sweetener that is typically used for all types of beverages including cocktails.
- Cherries: Maraschino cherries are the traditional way to serve this dazzling drink.
What I Used For This Recipe
This post contains affiliate links.
- Silicone Ice Cube Tray: What was life without a silicone ice cube tray? I use this ice cube tray because it makes it oh, so easy for the ice cubes to fall out.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons: I love these stainless steel measuring cups and spoons because they are easy to clean and use!
- Serving Glass: I used my favorite mason jars for this recipe. You can use any kind of glass, though.
How To Make It
- Add ice, orange juice, soda, and grenadine to a glass.
- Top with cherries. Serve and enjoy!
Why is it called a Shirley Temple?
Some people report that this beverage is known as a Shirley Temple because it was served to the iconic child actress named Shirley Temple.
Are Shirley Temples made with Sprite or Ginger Ale?
The original Shirley Temple recipe was served with ginger ale or beer, but modern recipes feature this drink to be served with all types of tasty lemon-lime sodas. Using lemon-lime soda allows the Shirley Temple to be bright and full of flavor.
What to Serve with This
More Beverage Recipes You’ll Love
- Strawberry Vanilla Smoothie
- Summer Beverage Recipes
- Butterscotch Steamer
- Reese Coffee Milkshake
- Orange Julius
Do you have any amazing easy drink recipes? I’m always looking for more recipes to try! Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @SimplyStacie and let me know how you liked this and my other recipes!
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 cup lemon lime soda
- 2 tablespoon grenadine
- 4 maraschino cherries
- Add ice, orange juice, lemon lime soda and grenadine to a glass.
- Top with cherries.
I use either Sprite or 7-Up for the soda.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 0gSugar: 33gProtein: 1g