Taco Roasted Chickpeas are an inexpensive, healthy and flavorful snack with only 3 ingredients. They are crispy and super addictive.
Grab that can of chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) sitting in your pantry collecting dust. Let’s make a crispy chickpeas snack! This healthy snack is only 3 ingredients.
The first time I tried this recipe, I was pleasantly surprised at how yummy they were. I ate them as a snack grabbing a handful here and there, but you could also use them in recipes. They are actually quite versatile in how many recipes they can be used in. Think salads, soups, tacos and other dishes. Make extra if you have the ingredients!
Roast chickpeas are high in protein and fiber. They are a great alternative to other types of traditional snack foods like potato chips, tortilla chips or popcorn.
Why You’ll Love Taco Seasoned Roasted Chickpeas
- Made with only 3 pantry ingredients
- Great recipe to accompany many types of dishes like salads, soups, and more
- Family favorite healthy snack
- Can use different spices to change the flavor
- Perfect recipe for taco lovers
- Crispy, crunchy and addicting
- Chickpeas – Use one can of chickpeas that you’ve drained and rinsed. Make sure to dry them off with a paper towel before using them in the recipe.
- Taco seasoning – You can use store-bought or homemade taco seasoning.
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to Make Taco Roasted Chickpeas
- Step One: Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Step Two: In a large bowl, toss together chickpeas, taco seasoning, and extra virgin olive oil. Spread out evenly on the baking sheet.
- Step Three: Place in the oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 8 to 10 minutes, or until crispy.
This post contains affiliate links.
How to Serve Taco Roasted Chickpeas
Though are scrumptious as a snack on their own, there are several ways you can use them in your family’s meals.
- Add to a taco salad, buddha bowl or burrito bowl
- Include as one of the taco toppings for your Taco Tuesday meal
- Makes a delicious salad topper (try with this Tex Mex Lunch Bowl!)
- Make crispy chickpea tacos for a meatless meal
- Use instead of croutons in soups
- Include in a homemade trail mix
Variations and Substitutions
Play around with the spices! Instead of taco seasoning, use one or more of these flavor ideas:
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Lemon juice
- Adobo sauce
- Maple syrup
- Hot sauce
- Ground cumin
- Curry powder
- Salt and pepper
Store roasted chickpeas in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. I prefer to eat mine within 3 days for the best taste experience. Make sure they are completely cool before you store them. If they are still warm or hot, they will become soft and you won’t have that delicious crunch.
Can I Freeze?
Yes! You can freeze roasted chickpeas for up to 3 months.
Place them in a freezer bag and store in the freezer. When you are ready to eat them, let them thaw at room temperature for a few hours first.
Easy Snack Recipes
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer Potato Chips
- Cheese Chips
- Southwestern Party Nuts
- Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn
You’ll also like these Walking Tacos.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Taco Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 (19oz) cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together chickpeas, taco seasoning, and extra virgin olive oil. Spread out evenly on the baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 8 to 10 minutes, or until crispy.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.