Do you think our kids are growing up too fast? I’ve weighed in on my own experience with my daughters over at Jen and Barb, Mom Life. Their site is an amazing resource for parents with lots of thought-provoking posts and videos about hot parenting topics.
I encourage you to watch their video sponsored by ConAgra that asks this important question: Are our kids growing up too fast? Stephanie Mullen, founder of Ooph.com, chats with Jen and Barb about how to take the pressure off of kids in today’s society. It’s just under 4 minutes long and worth a watch!
Bridget and I had our own quality time together recently with a night of board games. I picked up some bags of Orville Redenbacher’s Ready to Eat Popcorn: White Cheddar and Sweet & Salty Kettlecorn. Before sitting down to play games, Bridget and I made Marshmallow Caramel topping for the Kettlecorn.
It was divine! So sweet and addicting! I found the recipe on SAOrganics.com and it was a hit. I’ll definitely be making it again.
- Microwavable salted popcorn
- Large marshmallows
- Vanilla extract
- Light corn syrup
- Brown sugar
How to Make
- Step One: Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Step Two: Add brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and marshmallows.
- Step Three: Turn heat to medium and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Step Four: Pour over popcorn and stir in until popcorn is evenly coated.
Yum! It made for a wonderful night of mother-daughter fun!
I was financially compensated for this post. Opinions expressed are my own.
- 1 bag microwave salted popcorn, popped
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla extract, and marshmallows.
- Turn heat to medium and stir constantly until marshmallows melt and mixture is smooth.
- Pour hot mixture over the popcorn and stir until evenly coated. Let cool before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 0gSugar: 43gProtein: 1g