Christmas Popcorn is a quick and easy holiday treat is super delicious and addictive. Perfect for Christmas movie nights with the kids and takes only minutes to make.
It’s popcorn…with a festive twist! If you’re watching any holiday movies this Christmas season, why not make some Christmas popcorn to snack on?
It’s a wee bit more effort than throwing a bag of popcorn in the microwave, but the end result is so worth it. From start to finish, this recipe takes about 35 minutes.
Get the kids involved in making it. Let them help by adding the colorful candies to the mix.
What You’ll Love About this Christmas Crunch
- Sweet, a little salty and crunchy
- Festive Christmas colors to set the mood
- Easy to make and customize to your family’s tastes
- It makes a nice foodie gift when added to a tin
- Made entirely in the microwave
- You can make it in advance
Ingredients to Make Christmas Popcorn
This post contains affiliate links.
- Popped salted popcorn – I used a regular sized bag of microwave popcorn for this recipe.
- Vanilla candy melts
- Holiday M&M’s
- Candy Cane Hershey’s Kisses
- Red candy melts
- Green candy melts
- Holiday sprinkles
How to Make Christmas Popcorn
Step One: Pour the popcorn into a large bowl.
Step Two: Add vanilla candy melts into a medium sized microwavable bowl. Microwave at 50% powder for 30 seconds. Stir. Continue to microwave at 30 second intervals at 50% power until melted.
Step Three: Pour vanilla candy melts over the popcorn and stir to coat. Add holiday M&Ms and stir.
Step Four: Spread popcorn mixture on a flat surface lined with parchment paper. Spread sprinkles and candy cane kisses on top.
Step Five: Melt red and green candy melts in separate bowls using the same method as the vanilla candy melts. Drizzle each color over the popcorn.
Step Six: Let sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until candy melts have hardened.
Step Seven: Break up popcorn into pieces and add to a serving bowl.
Equipment Needed to Make Christmas Popcorn Crack
What to Serve with Christmas Popcorn Candy
Substitutions and Variations
- You can use another variety of Hershey’s Kisses if you prefer just chocolate. Chocolate Mint would also be tasty.
- Use another kind of M&M’s if you can’t find the holiday version. Milk chocolate M&M’s and peanut M&M’s are yummy.
- Try another color or flavor of candy melts.
After you’ve popped the popcorn, try to remove as many of the unpopped kernels as you can from the bowl. You don’t want to find a hard kernel hidden in there when you are eating the popcorn. It could hurt your teeth!
How to Store Christmas Popcorn
Store your leftover Christmas popcorn in a large resealable bag at room temperature for up to three days.
What kind of popcorn should I use?
I like to use a regular sized bag of microwavable popcorn because I’m all about easy. I usually always have a box of it in my pantry anyways.
You can also prepare the popcorn via another method like a popcorn maker or on the stovetop.
How much does this Holiday Popcorn recipe make?
This recipe makes about 8 cups of Christmas popcorn. It’s enough to feed about 6 people depending on how much each person has.
- Christmas Chewy Bars
- Snowball Cookies
- Ritz Cracker Cookies
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Gingerbread Muffins
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 7 cups popped salted popcorn
- 1 (12oz) bag vanilla candy melts
- 1 cup holiday M&Ms
- 1/2 cup Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses
- 1/4 cup red candy melts
- 1/4 cup green candy melts
- 2 tablespoons holiday sprinkles
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl.
- Add vanilla candy melts into a medium sized microwavable bowl. Microwave at 50% powder for 30 seconds. Stir. Continue to microwave at 30 second intervals at 50% power until melted.
- Pour vanilla candy melts over the popcorn and stir to coat. Add holiday M&Ms and stir.
- Spread popcorn mixture on a flat surface lined with parchment paper. Spread sprinkles and candy cane kisses on top.
- Melt red and green candy melts in separate bowls using the same method as the vanilla candy melts. Drizzle each color over the popcorn.
- Let sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until candy melts have hardened.
- Break up popcorn into pieces and add to a serving bowl.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 429Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 2gSugar: 52gProtein: 3g