Whenever I make these sweet spiced pecans, I struggle to stop at just one!
Not only are they ready in minutes, but they fill the house with a delicious scent while they’re roasting, which just adds to the festive mood around the holidays.
And if you don’t want to eat them yourself, you can always package them up for gift exchanges. Talk about a recipe that does it all!
What I love most about these pecans is the fact that they’re the perfect combination of sweetness and spice. You get a glorious kick from the cloves, cinnamon, and ginger. But that warmth is instantly mellowed out by the granulated sugar.
Although I’ll usually eat these delicious pecans on their own, you can add them to desserts or salads to give them some crunch.
It’s also worth experimenting with the amounts of spice and sugar you add to this recipe to achieve the perfect balance.
Oh, and did I mention that you need just a few ingredients to bring this classic recipe to life?
So, head to your spice cupboard, preheat your oven and get ready to make the ultimate post-dinner snack.
Why You’ll Love These Sweet Spiced Pecans
- Ready in minutes.
- The perfect balance of sweet, salty, and warm spicy flavors.
- Ideal for snacking on during the holidays.
- They store well in the pantry.
- The recipe is easy enough to involve little ones.
- Granulated sugar
- Egg white
- Pecan halves
How to Make Sweet Spiced Pecans
- Step One: Preheat oven to 250F. Grease a baking sheet with butter.
- Step Two: In a medium bowl, stir together sugar, cinnamon, cloves, salt, ginger and nutmeg.
- Step Three: In a small bowl, beat egg white with water until frothy.
- Step Four: Add egg mixture to spices and stir to combine.
- Step Five: Add in pecans and stir to coat.
- Step Six: Spread pecans out on baking sheet. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool before serving.
The most appealing thing about these sweet spiced pecans is the fact that you can make them with almost no equipment.
If you don’t already have these items to hand, feel free to grab them online for best results.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Sweet Spiced Pecans
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- If you find that your nuts have melted together slightly, simply give them a mix and they’ll quickly separate.
- Don’t be alarmed if your nuts are sticky when they come out of the oven. This might prompt you to put them back in the oven. Don’t – just let them harden as they cool, and they won’t feel sticky anymore. If they’re still sticky, you may not have cooked them for long enough. Just place them back into the oven if this happens!
- Use a non-stick pan for the best results. This prevents your nuts from sticking to the pan and all the candied goodness being left behind!
- It’s a great idea to lightly toast the nuts before making these sweet spiced pecans. This will help to bring out the richer flavors in the nuts.
Edible Holiday Gift Idea
Package them up in mason jars with some pretty twine or ribbon. You could even add a fancy label on them if you wish. I’ll be making this recipe again because I want to share with family and friends. Plus, I’ll make more for ME!
Variations and Substitutions
- If you want spicier nuts, you can add a small amount of cayenne pepper to your spice mix for a hit of heat.
- You don’t need to stick with pecans if you want to try something different. Walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts, and macadamia nuts are all delicious!
- If you don’t have granulated sugar (or don’t like it), coconut sugar or maple sugar are good alternatives.
You need to wait until your sweet spiced pecans have completely cooled before storing them. Once they’re cool, move them to an airtight container and eat them within a week.
They’ll technically last for 2 or 3 weeks (or 4 in the fridge!), but they probably won’t taste as fresh after a week.
Can I Freeze?
You sure can!
If you want your pecans to last for longer than 4 weeks, put them in an airtight container in the freezer.
They should be good for up to 2 months but keep an eye out for any texture changes or freezer burn.
- Air Fryer Candied Pecans – if you’d prefer to make delicious sweet pecans in the air fryer, give these candied pecans a whirl! They’re ready in minutes and are perfect for any holiday table.
- Southwestern Party Nuts – this sweet and savory snack mix is packed with Tex-Mex spices for an unbeatable game night snack.
- Caramel Nut Brittle – this rich and addictive recipe pairs caramel flavors with a signature crunch to create the perfect holiday snack.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Sweet Spiced Pecans
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 ½ cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Grease a baking sheet with butter.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sugar, cinnamon, cloves, salt, ginger and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white with water until frothy.
- Add egg mixture to spices and stir to combine. Add in pecans and stir to coat.
- Spread pecans out on baking sheet. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool before serving.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.