This homemade snack recipe is quick and easy to make in minutes in your air fryer! Air Fryer Candied Pecans are perfect for salads, holiday snacks or gift giving. Each bite is crunchy, sweet and delicious.
I use my air fryer for many of my favorite recipes. I always think I can air fry this! Candied Pecans can also be air fried and guess what? They are ah-mazing!
I love making candied nuts over the holidays. They are perfect for gifting and also to serve as a snack when friends come for a visit.
These Air Fryer Candied Pecans are delicious! I love their crunch sweetness. They are so addicting though! I usually have to stop myself from eating too many.
Why You’ll Love This Candied Pecans Recipe
- Made in minutes
- The perfect edible gift for a foodie
- Crunchy and sweet
- Uses real maple syrup
- Can be used for a snack, in salads or other desserts
- Minimal prep work and the air fryer does all the work
- Contains only a few simple ingredients
- Long storage time
Ingredients for Air Fryer Candied Pecans
This post contains affiliate links.
- Brown sugar: You can switch this out for granulated sugar if you prefer.
- Egg white
- Maple syrup: You can use honey or agave nectar instead, though maple syrup goes best with pecans. I highly recommend Maple Lifestyle maple syrups. So good!
- Allspice: If you don’t have allspice, cinnamon, or nutmeg are good alternatives.
- Pecan halves
How to Make Air Fryer Candied Pecans
Step One: Preheat the air fryer to 350F.
Step Two: Combine the brown sugar, egg white, maple syrup, allspice, and salt in a bowl and mix until fully combined.
Step Three: Toss the pecans into the brown sugar mixture. Make sure it is well tossed and coated.
Step Four: Carefully line the preheated air fryer tray with aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray.
Step Five: Pour the pecan mixture into the air fryer basket. Cook for 3 minutes and then stir the pecans gently around. Cook for another 3 minutes.
Step Six: Let the pecans cool off for about 20 minutes before plating and serving.
Equipment Needed to Make Candied Pecans
What to Serve with Candied Nuts
- Snowball Cookies
- Eggnog Pie
- Whipped Shortbread Cookies
- Gingerbread Whoopie Pies
- No-Bake Peppermint Pie
- Eggnog Cheesecake Bars
- Try using granulated sugar instead of brown sugar.
- Substitute honey or agave nectar for the maple syrup
- Use cinnamon or nutmeg in place of the allspice.
Best Way to Store Leftover Caramelized Pecans
Store these air fryer candied pecans in an airtight container either in the fridge or at room temperature for 2 to 3 weeks.
Can I Freeze Candied Nuts?
Yes, you can freeze candied nuts. Air fry them as instructed and let them cool completely. Then transfer them to airtight container or a freezer bag. Store the nuts in the freezer for up to 2 months.
What do I do with Candied Pecans?
Candied pecans can be used in a lot of different ways. Some people love to toss them into salads to add a little extra sweetness and crunch.
Some people like to munch on them as a snack.
They are also a great addition to baked goods like cookies or cake.
You can even use them in a savory recipe like with chicken or fish.
Tips and Tricks
- These pecans turn out delicious, but a bit moist. If you prefer them drier, put them back in the air fryer for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Putting the aluminum foil makes for an easy clean up job and keeps the pecans from sticking to the air fryer. I don’t recommend using cooking spray directly on the air fryer since most cooking sprays can cause air fryer baskets to chip.
What is the difference between glazed and candied pecans?
Candied pecans typically use sugar and an egg white while glazed pecans are made with brown sugar, corn syrup and butter. Both are deliciously sweet!
Do you eat candied pecans warm or cold?
You can eat candied pecans warm, but bear in mind that they may be stickier. They will harden as they cool with a crispy, sugary coating.
Personally, I prefer eating them at room temperature (not cold). I don’t recommend refrigerating them.
How to Make Candied Pecans in the Oven
- Step One: Preheat oven to 250F. Grease a baking sheet with butter or cooking spray.
- Step Two: Combine the brown sugar, egg white, maple syrup, allspice, and salt in a bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Step Three: Toss the pecans into the brown sugar mixture. Make sure it is well tossed and coated.
- Step Four: Spread pecans on baking sheet.
- Step Five: Bake for 1 hour, stirring the pecans every 15 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Pizza
- Air Fryer Oreos
- Air Fryer Chocolate Croissants
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Potato Chips
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg white
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups pecans
- Preheat the air fryer to 350F.
- Combine the brown sugar, egg white, maple syrup, allspice, and salt in a bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Toss the pecans into the brown sugar mixture. Make sure it is well tossed and coated.
- Carefully line the preheated air fryer tray with aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Pour the pecan mixture into the air fryer basket. Cook for 3 minutes and then stir the pecans gently around. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Let the pecans cool off for about 20 minutes before plating and serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 154mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 14gProtein: 5g