This easy no-bake Christmas dessert is made with cream cheese, marshmallow fluff and candy canes and is perfect for holiday parties and potlucks! Serve this Candy Cane Dip with your favorite holiday cookies.
If they sold candy canes year round, I would make this dip all the time. Instead, I save it for the holiday season which makes it that much more special.
Candy Cane Dip or as some may call it, Christmas Dip, is such a fun treat to make. If you don’t feel like heating up the oven, you can easily whip this dessert dip up to enjoy.
Why You’ll Love This Peppermint Dip
- Easy, no-bake recipe
- Minty and sweet
- Perfect for candy cane lovers
- Creamy, smooth with a hint of crunch
- Serve with your favorite Christmas cookies for dipping
- Can make-ahead and store in the fridge
Ingredients for Your Candy Cane Dip
This post contains affiliate links.
- Cream cheese
- Marshmallow fluff
- Whipped cream (like Reddi-wip)
- Crushed candy canes
- Peppermint extract
How to Make Candy Cane Dip
- Step One: Add cream cheese and marshmallow fluff to a large mixing bowl. Beat together with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Step Two: Fold the whipped cream into the mixture with a spatula.
- Step Three:Stir in 1/2 cup crushed candy canes and peppermint extract.
- Step Four: Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Step Five: Transfer the mixture to your favorite dip bowl and top with 1 teaspoon of crushed candy canes. Serve with your favorite cookies.
Equipment Need to Make Peppermint Cream Cheese Dip
What to Serve with Your Peppermint Candy Cane Dip
I recommend dipping your favorite cookies in this luscious and sweet dip!
Try these options:
- Brownie Brittle
- Vanilla Wafers
- Butter Cookies
- Whipped Shortbread Cookies
- Cream Cheese Cookies
- Shortbread Cookies
- Use Cool Whip instead of whipped cream. Try my homemade Cool Whip recipe.
- Use crushed peppermint candies if you can’t find candy canes
- Use mint extract if you can’t find peppermint extract. (Mint extract is a mix of peppermint and spearmint while peppermint extract is just peppermint).
Can I Make My Own Whipped Cream?
If you don’t have whipped cream and don’t want to use Cool Whip, you can make your own whipped cream.
You’ll need 1 cup of heavy cream, 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Beat together with a mixer until light and fluffy.
How to Store Candy Cane Dip
Best Way to Store Christmas Dip
Store any uneaten dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can I Make Peppermint Dip Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can make this dessert dip the night before you want to serve. Make sure to store it in an air tight container to keep it chilled.
How Long Can You Keep at Room Temperature?
The recommendation is to keep chilled dairy based dips out at room temperature for no more than two hours. After that, you risk bacteria growth. I recommend putting it out when people are ready to eat.
Can I Freeze Peppermint Cream Cheese Dip?
Yes, you can definitely freeze peppermint dip! Simply store in an airtight freezer safe container for up to three months in your freezer.
Thaw in the fridge when you want to serve and give it a stir before you put it in the serving bowl.
- To crush candy canes, place them in a freezer bag. Smash them up with a rolling pin. I normally will put a cutting board down on the counter first and then place the freezer bag on that.
- Use a scraper spatula to fold in the whipped cream to keep the dip as light and fluffy as possible.
- Make sure to chill the dip in the fridge for at least 30 minutes after you make it. This will allow the flavors to deepen and give you the perfect candy cane taste with every bite.
Peppermint (and Other Mint) Recipes
- No-Bake Peppermint Pie
- Candy Cane Brownies
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Homemade Mint Extract
- Cranberry Mint Mocktail
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 1 (8oz/250g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 cup + 1 teaspoon candy canes, crushed, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Add cream cheese and marshmallow fluff to a large mixing bowl. Beat together with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Fold the whipped cream into the mixture with a spatula.
- Stir in 1/2 cup crushed candy canes and peppermint extract.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Transfer the mixture to your favorite dip bowl and top with 1 teaspoon of crushed candy canes. Serve with your favorite cookies.
If you don't have whipped cream, you can make your own or use Cool Whip. To make your own whipped cream, use 1 cup heavy cream, 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat with a mixer until light and fluffy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g