If you are a fan of shortbread cookies, you are going to LOVE these mouthwatering Cream Cheese Cookies. They taste similar to a whipped shortbread cookie, but with an added creaminess.
Cream Cheese Cookies
This recipe makes 5 dozen cookies so it’s perfect to use for a holiday cookie exchange! The cookies also freeze well so you can make them now and save to enjoy over Christmas.
Sadly, I’m not doing any cookie exchanges this year. No one has planned any and I’m not feeling up to taking on that task myself. I ended up giving a bunch of these cookies to a couple of friends to enjoy. My friend, Tina, said they were her new favourite! Yay!
To make them more festive looking, you could add some sprinkles before you pop them in the oven.
Are you participating in any cookie exchanges this year? If so, what are you making?
- 1 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 250g package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, vanilla and egg yolks. Beat to combine.
- In another bowl, stir together salt, flour and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 11 minutes. Let cool on a cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 60 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 79Total Fat: 6.3gSaturated Fat: 3.8gUnsaturated Fat: 2.1gCholesterol: 25.7mgSodium: 36.7mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0.2gSugar: 3.5gProtein: 0.9g