Pineapple Dip is a creamy, light, no-bake dessert dip with tropical flavors. Make this easy party recipe for a fun, refreshing treat!
Pineapple lovers rejoice! This Pineapple Dip is ready to tickle your taste buds and fulfill your cravings for something sweet this summer. This crowd-pleasing dessert dip combines a creamy base with hints of vanilla flavor and sweet pineapple morsels. Every bite is an adventure of flavors and will surely please every pineapple fan.
No-bake dessert dips are great for summer entertaining, so it is no surprise that this Pineapple Dip is an absolute hit. It is simple to make, refreshing and light, and crave-worthy. It’s the perfect summer dessert to feed a crowd when coupled with yummy bbq food or your favorite appetizers.
The good news is that you will savour every bite no matter what you choose to serve alongside this refreshing summer dessert dip. This Pineapple Dip can be served with fresh fruit like strawberries, blueberries, sweet pineapple, vanilla wafers, Graham Crackers, and more. You can even get a little adventurous and try serving this delicious dip with pretzels.
Why You’ll Love Pineapple Dip
- Sweet and Refreshing: This dessert dip perfectly balances sweet and refreshing. Perfect for summer, Pineapple Dip is a light treat that won’t feel too heavy to enjoy during the hot weather.
- Versatile and Customizable: This easy no-bake Pineapple Dessert Dip is quite versatile. It can be served with various dippers, allowing you to choose fun flavor combinations. You can enjoy this dip with something sweet or salty to mix up the flavor profile.
- Crowd-Pleaser: Pineapple Dip is a crowd-pleaser for any occasion. Both children and adults will adore it, and there is always enough to serve a crowd.
- Easy to Make: This dessert dip is relatively easy to make, requiring simple ingredients that you often have in your fridge and pantry. Whether you want to whip up a quick and easy dessert for company or want a snack, this dip is a simple-to-make option.
The full printable recipe card with measurements and instructions is found at the bottom of the post.
- Softened cream cheese
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Marshmallow creme
- Whipped topping
- Crushed pineapple
How to Make Pineapple Dip
- Step One: Using a hand mixer, whip the cream cheese and pudding mix in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Step Two: Add the marshmallow cream to the base mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Step Three: Mix the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture until it comes out smooth.
- Step Four: Drain pineapple and fold it into the creamy mixture.
- Step Five: Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 2 hours. Serve with your favorite cookies, pretzels, and fruit for dipping.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Pineapple Dip
Serve as dessert with your favorite summer recipes to create a delicious spread.
- Pretty in Pink Punch
- Shirley Temple Drink
- Macaroni Dill Salad
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Burgers
- Broccoli Salad
Variations and Substitutions
- Cream cheese alternatives: Rather than using cream cheese as the base for the dip, you can try using options like Greek yogurt or coconut cream. You can also choose to use homemade vegan cream cheese if you desire. While these options may make the flavor of the pineapple fruit dip a little different, it will still maintain its creamy texture.
- Texture add-ins: You can incorporate chopped nuts like pistachios into the dip for added texture. Doesn’t Pistachio Pineapple Dip sound delicious? Additionally, crushed graham crackers, toasted coconut flakes, or granola can provide a pleasant crunch.
- Flavor add-ins: Enhance the sweet flavor profile of your pineapple cream cheese dip by adding different spices. Consider options such as cinnamon, nutmeg, or vanilla extract to add some elevation to the dip.
- Fruit variations: This sweet dip recipe can be used as a base recipe for any fruit flavors. Add the 20 ounces of finely diced or pureed fruit of your choice into the base mixture.
- Pudding variations: While Vanilla pudding is fantastic for this Pineapple Dip, you can change the flavor by substituting it with a different pudding flavor. White chocolate, cheesecake, and coconut instant puddings would all be great in this recipe.
It is unlikely that you will have any dip left over (it truly disappears rather quickly!). However, this dip is quite easy to store. Place any leftover dip in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can I Freeze?
Yes. This Pineapple Dip can be stored in your freezer for up to 3 months. This makes it easy to make it ahead and pull it out when needed.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Drain the pineapple well: Make sure that you properly drain the pineapple juice from your crushed pineapple to remove the extra liquid. Too much of the liquid can make your dip overly watery. Press the pineapple against a fine-mesh sieve or use a cheesecloth to drain.
- Soften your cream cheese: Before assembling this pineapple dip, you will want to ensure that your cream cheese is fully softened to room temperature. To soften your cream cheese, leave it on the counter for a while before you start making this recipe.
- Allow time for the flavors to come together: Once the dip is fully prepared, allow it to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. This will make sure that the flavors have enough time to meld. The longer you allow the dip to chill in the refrigerator, the more intense the amazing flavor will become.
- Garnish for presentation: Consider garnishing your pineapple dip. Fresh mint leaves, toasted coconut flakes, pineapple chunks or a sprinkle of cinnamon on top can enhance the presentation of your dip.
Check out these other dessert dips to enjoy.
- Cinnamon Cream Cheese Dip
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- Eggnog Dip
- Gingerbread Dip
- Booty Dip
- Candy Cane Dip
- Pumpkin Pie Dip
What to Dip in Pineapple Dip
Compliment this perfect dessert dip with some interesting dippers.
- Vanilla wafers
- Graham crackers
- Pound cake
- Angel food cake
- Cinnamon sugar tortilla chips
Can I use Fresh Pineapple Instead of Canned Pineapple?
Yes, you can use fresh pineapple instead of canned pineapple in Pineapple Dip. You’ll want to note a few things when swapping the two.
First, please make sure that the fresh pineapple you use is ripe. Ripe pineapples have slightly firm skin that should give a little when squeezed gently, so check your pineapple before using it in this recipe.
To prepare the pineapple for the dip, you will want to start by peeling and coring it. Once ready, chop your fresh pineapple into small pieces or use a food processor or blender to crush it. The consistency can be easily adjusted to your preferences. Some prefer their dip to be chunkier, while others prefer a smoother, creamier texture.
As you would with canned pineapple, you will want to drain some of the excess juice from your fresh pineapple. Strain your pineapple through cheesecloth or a fine mesh sieve.
The measurement ratios are the same when using fresh pineapple in place of canned pineapple. So because this Pineapple Dip Recipe calls for 20 ounces of crushed pineapple, you will want to use the same measurement.
Can I use Pineapple Dip as a Topping or Filling for other Dishes?
Yes, pineapple dip can be used as a topping or filling for several other dishes. It can add a touch of tropical sweetness when used in many other applications, so feel free to try it with other food items.
- Cake Filling: Spread your pineapple dip between the layers of your favorite cake recipe for a delicious and tangy filling. This dip pairs particularly well with vanilla or coconut cakes, adding a refreshing twist to the overall flavor profile.
- Cupcake Frosting: Use pineapple dip as a frosting alternative for cupcakes. Pipe or spread it onto your cooled cupcakes for a creamy and fruity topping.
- Tart or Pie Filling: Spread this cream cheese fruit dip onto a pre-baked tart or pie crust and top it with your favorite fruits like strawberries, kiwi, or blueberries. This creates a refreshing and light dessert with a tropical flair.
- Crepe Filling: Spread pineapple dip onto a cooked crepe, fold it in half, or roll it up. The creamy dip adds a burst of flavor to the delicate crepe, making for a delightful breakfast or dessert option.
- Parfait Layer: Layer pineapple dip with granola, yogurt, or whipped cream in a glass or bowl to create a delicious and breathtaking parfait. Top your parfait with fresh fruit or toasted coconut flakes for added texture and flavor that will knock your socks off.
- Pancake or Waffle Topping: Slightly warm up your Pineapple Dip and use it as a topping for pancakes or waffles. This is a great way to add some tropical flair to your breakfast.
When using pineapple dip as a topping or filling, consider the flavors and textures of the dish you’re pairing it with to ensure they complement each other well. Feel free to get creative and experiment with different combinations. Your creativity can help you discover some new and exciting pineapple-infused creations.
This recipe makes 24 servings of Pineapple Dip. It is excellent for feeding a crowd when enjoyed after a nice BBQ meal in the summer months. If you think you need more dip, this recipe is easy to double or even triple if you are particularly hungry.
This Pineapple dip recipe takes about 10 minutes to prep the ingredients and combine them together. It is important to note that you want to allow the dip to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving it. The recipe takes about 2 hours and 10 minutes before it is ready to gobble up.
- Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken
- Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake Recipe
- Pineapple Rice Pudding
- Pineapple Pretzel Fluff
- Pineapple Oatmeal Scotchies
- Pineapple Sticky Buns with Coconut Caramel
- 1 package cream cheese (8oz/250g) softened
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4oz)
- 1 jar marshmallow creme (7.5oz)
- 1 container frozen whipped topping (8oz) thawed
- 1 can crushed pineapple (20oz) drained
- Cookies and fruit for dipping
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and vanilla instant pudding mix. Beat with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add the marshmallow creme and mix until smooth. Add the whipped topping and mix together.
- Add the crushed pineapple and fold it in.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with your favorite cookies and fresh fruit for dipping.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.