This festive dessert salad is a must-make this holiday season. Christmas Fluff is super easy to make with bright and sweet ingredients like candied cherries, white chocolate almond bark and candy canes.
Are you a fan of Fluff Salads? Wait till you try this holiday version! It’s super yummy.
One of the dishes that is always on our holiday table is fluff salad. My mom was a big fan of them and we always had some kind of dessert salad being served on the holidays. She was a fan of easy recipes like me.
And Christmas Fluff Salad? It’s sweet, minty with a creamy fluffy texture. Plus, it looks beautiful. Everyone will marvel and ask what is this interesting look dish.
Why You’ll Love Christmas Dessert Salad
- It’s bright, festive and a beautiful looking recipe that will impress your friends and family.
- It’s incredibly easy to make.
- It’s transportable and perfect for potlucks.
- A kid-friendly “salad” they’ll want to eat.
- A one-bowl recipe with minimal clean-up.
Ingredients for Christmas Fluff
- Instant vanilla pudding mix – Make sure it’s “instant” pudding and buy the 4-serving size.
- Milk – I used 2% milk.
- Mini marshmallows – You can also chop regular marshmallows up if you can’t find the small size.
- Red glace cherries – Also known as red candied cherries.
- Green glace cherries – Also known as green candied cherries.
- White chocolate almond bark – Break them up by hand into bite-sized pieces.
- Cool Whip – Thaw it in the fridge before you want to use it. Make your own stabilized whipped cream easily (Cool Whip substitute).
- Candy canes – I crush them in a resealable baggie with a rolling pin.
How to Make Christmas Fluff Salad
Step One: Add vanilla instant pudding mix and milk to a large mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed for two minutes, until thickened.
Step Two: Fold in Cool Whip to pudding mixture.
Step Three: Stir in mini marshmallows, red glace cherries, green glace cherries and white chocolate almond bark.
Step Four: Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Top with crushed candy canes before serving.
Equipment Needed for Holiday Fluff Salad
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Christmas Ambrosia Salad
- Use white chocolate instant pudding instead of vanilla instant pudding.
- Use colored mini marshmallows instead of white.
- Use maraschino cherries if you can’t find glace cherries.
- Use a chopped white chocolate bar if you don’t have white chocolate almond bark.
- No candy canes? You can omit or use another kind of mint candy.
If you have any leftovers, cover them in plastic wrap or place in a airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can I Freeze?
You can freeze this salad if you like. Place it in a freezer-safe container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to Serve Christmas Fluff
You can serve Christmas Fluff in a couple different ways.
- It makes a deliciously festive dessert.
- Serve as a side to your holiday meal to add a pop of sweetness to your plate.
- Eat as a snack. I’ve done it before and figure it’s the holidays so why not!
Where to Find the Ingredients
My local bulk food store is a goldmine for ingredients! Especially the harder to find ones.
I found the red and green glace cherries and white chocolate almond bark there. The prices are usually pretty decent.
I’ve also seen the cherries in the baking aisle of the grocery store.
If you are looking for a savory holiday salad, try my Christmas Salad. It’s been very popular for years around the holidays with readers.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 1 (3.4oz/102g) instant vanilla pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 ½ cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup red glace cherries (red candied cherries)
- 1 cup green glace cherries (green candied cherries)
- 1 cup white chocolate almond bark, broken into pieces
- 3 cups Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 tablespoons candy canes, crushed
- Add vanilla instant pudding mix and milk to a large mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed for two minutes, until thickened.
- Fold in Cool Whip to pudding mixture.
- Stir in mini marshmallows, red glace cherries, green glace cherries and white chocolate almond bark.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Top with crushed candy canes before serving.
Adapted from Mr. Food Test Kitchen.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 479Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 300mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 5gSugar: 46gProtein: 9g