Snickers Salad is one of the best dessert salad recipes ever! This easy recipe is made with vanilla pudding, green apples, Cool Whip, caramel and loads of Snickers bars.
Salad for dessert? Yes, please! I’m a huge fan of dessert salads. In fact, I have several recipes already in my recipe box. This Cherry Salad is super popular.
The question is do you serve it for dessert or a side dish? That’s up to you. I like to enjoy it at the end of a meal for dessert.
Snickers Caramel Apple Salad is also known as candy bar salad. It has basic and easy to find ingredients and takes minutes to throw together. It’s perfect to bring with you to a potluck or party as you don’t have to spend too much time prepping it. And everyone LOVES it! Who can resist the yummy Snickers sweetness?
It’s very rich and can serve a larger group of people. Leftovers are great too if you make it for your family and can’t eat it all in one sitting. I’ve even caught my partner sneaking out in the middle of the night to the fridge to grab himself a bowl of it.
To make this Snickers dessert, you’ll need these ingredients.
- Vanilla instant pudding mix – You’re just going to use the powder in the package. No need to prepare the pudding itself.
- 2% or whole milk
- Cool Whip – You can make your own homemade Cool Whip if you can’t find it in stores.
- Granny Smith apples – These apples are on the more tart side so they help balance out the sweetness of the other ingredients.
- Snickers bars – Leftover Snickers bars from Halloween works great for this salad!
- Caramel sauce – Buy the caramel sauce for ice cream sundaes or you can make your own caramel sauce if you like.
How to Make It
1. In a large bowl, stir together the vanilla pudding mix and milk. Fold in the Cool Whip.
2. Add the Granny Smith apples and Snickers bars and gently mix them in the pudding mix.
3. Scoop the dipping into a serving bowl and top with caramel sauce. Serve chilled.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
These kitchen tools will help you make this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
What is the origin of Snickers Salad?
Snickers Salad actually has its own Wikipedia page! According to them, it’s popular in Iowa, USA as a potluck and party dish.
I also found that it was included in a 1989 Betty Crocker cookbook as well as many church cookbooks.
Change up this candy bar salad to make it your own. Some ideas of ingredient to include are:
- Sliced bananas
- Crushed pineapple
- Cream cheese
- Marshmallow fluff
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
- Toffee bits
- Salted caramel chips
- Chocolate sauce
- Butterscotch sauce
- Crushed pretzels
As you can see there are lots of ways to customize it!
Can You Make Ahead?
I recommend making it the same day you’re planning to serve it. It’s best enjoyed within a few hours of preparing it.
And yes, you can eat it right away. If you’re not serving it right away, cover and chill in the fridge. It’s best served cold.
What are the best apples to use?
I recommend using Granny Smith apples. They are tart and keep their crunch. You want something with tartness so it helps to balance the sweetness.
I’ve also seen people use Red Delicious apples and Cortland apples.
How to Store
If you do have leftovers, store them covered in the fridge for up to 2 days. It may be a little watery from the apples, but give it a quick stir and that should help. It will still taste yummy.
Dessert Salad Recipes
Craving more dessert salads?
Caramel Apple Recipes
If it’s caramel apple you’re craving, I’ve also got you covered.
- Caramel Apple Pie Crescents (air fryer recipe)
- Caramel Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Caramel Apple Cookies
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- Caramel Apple Dump Cake
- Caramel Apple Pizza
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 1 (3.4oz/102g) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup 2% or whole milk
- 2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
- 4 small Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 6 Snickers bars, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- In a large bowl, stir together the vanilla pudding mix and milk. Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Add the Granny Smith apples and Snickers bars and gently mix them in the pudding mix.
- Scoop the dipping into a serving bowl and top with caramel sauce. Serve chilled.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 30gProtein: 3g