No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Haystacks are an easy treat that I serve every holiday season. Made with only four ingredients, you’ll love this sweet and crunchy dessert.
I can’t even remember where I first found this recipe because I’ve been making haystacks since I was a teenager. I think it was the first holiday treat I made when I first started my family. I’ve been making them year after year without fail.
I even got my best friend, Angel, on board. She’s been making them for years since she tried them at my place 20 years ago! They are a keeper, for sure.
They are beyond easy to make and only four ingredients. Sometimes I’ll change around a few of the ingredients and use butterscotch chips with the chocolate chips.
For this recipe today, I used milk chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Chocolate and peanut butter is the perfect match don’t you think?
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Haystacks
Years ago I used to buy the chow mein noodles in a can. I can’t even remember the brand, but I’ve checked all the grocery stores near me and they don’t sell them. I found chow mein noodles in a bag…. about the size of a bag of chips!
I know it may seem weird to put chow mein noodles in a dessert. I’ve used ramen noodles in a dessert before. You’ll be surprised by how yummy they taste. I love each crunchy bite!
They also freeze well. At Christmas time, I make a bunch and keep a few batches in the freezer. I sometimes eat them straight out of the freezer without waiting for them to thaw.
How to Make No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Haystacks
Add the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until they are fully melted and remove from heat.
Stir in the peanuts and chow mein noodles.
Drop by tablespoonfuls on a sheet of wax paper. Let them sit at room temperature for a few hours for the chocolate to harden.
Then they are ready to eat! Yum!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links.
Are you on the hunt for more no-bake desserts? I can help! Check out these sweet treats.
- No-Bake Butterscotch Cookies: Perfectly sweet and chewy, these no-bake cookies never last long in my home.
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls: Whip up these decadent treats for your friends and family to share over the holidays. They also make a nice DIY gift!
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies: Rich, chewy and easy to make! Make these cookies once and you’ll never forget the recipe.
- No-Bake Nougat Bars: Prepare for a sticky sweet explosion with this No-Bake Nougat Bars recipe! Only 6 ingredients. I make this recipe every Christmas.
It doesn’t get any easier than this recipe. What would you put in your haystacks?
- 1 (12 oz) package milk chocolate chips (about 1½ cups)
- 1 (10 oz) package peanut butter chips (about 1 ¼ cups)
- 1 cup peanuts
- 2 to 2½ cups of chow mein noodles
- Combine chocolate chips and peanut butter chips in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat on the stove. Stir often until fully melted. Remove from heat.
- Add in peanuts and chow mein noodles and stir to fully combine.
- Drop a tablespoon of the chocolate mixture on a sheet of wax paper. Let sit for a few hours until the chocolate hardens.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1 haystack
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 19.9gSaturated Fat: 5.2gUnsaturated Fat: 12.6gSodium: 203.3mgCarbohydrates: 15.6gFiber: 2.9gSugar: 9.8gProtein: 8.4g