Goldfish Drops are a fun no-bake treat that is super easy to whip up and you can pretty much add any extra ingredients you like.
I remember seeing this Betty Crocker recipe for Goldfish Drops a few years ago. My kids would eat Goldfish crackers like they were going out of style when they were little.
With yummy ingredients such as butterscotch and pretzels, Goldfish Drops are the perfect combination of salty and sweet and are a great nut-free option for school snacks and parties.
This crunchy treat can be made in just three simple steps for you and your family to enjoy!
Why You’ll Love This Crunchy Goldfish Snack
- Few ingredients
- Sweet and salty
- Kids love them
- Crunchy texture
Ingredients for Goldfish Drops
- Butterscotch chips
- Goldfish crackers (plain original flavor)
How to Make Goldfish Drops
- Step One: In a saucepan, melt the butterscotch and shortening over low heat, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Step Two: Stir in pretzels and Goldfish crackers.
- Step Three: Drop by tablespoons onto wax paper. Leave to set at least an hour. Serve once butterscotch is firm.
Equipment Needed to make Salty and Sweet Goldfish Treat
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Crunchy Goldfish Snack
- Butterscotch Steamer
- Shirley Temple
- Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Smarties Blondies
- Substitute butterscotch chips with white chocolate chips.
- You can substitute pretzels for peanuts if you do want to add nuts to it.
- Try different flavors of Goldfish crackers, like vanilla Goldfish.
Best Way to Store Goldfish Drops
Store leftover Goldfish Drops in an airtight container in the fridge. They should last for 2-3 weeks.
Can I Freeze?
Yes, you can freeze Goldfish Drops. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Do Goldfish Drops have to be stored in the fridge or freezer?
No, they can also be stored on the counter for about 5 days if you like.
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Haystacks
- Rocky Road Bites
- Pineapple Pretzel Fluff
- No-Bake Butterscotch Cookies
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 1 (11oz/300g) package of butterscotch chips (about 1½ cups)
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 cup pretzels
- 2 cups original Goldfish crackers
- In a saucepan, melt the butterscotch and shortening over low heat, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Stir in pretzels and Goldfish crackers.
- Drop by tablespoons onto wax paper. Leave to set at least an hour. Serve once butterscotch is firm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g