This fluffy, sweet and creamy holiday dessert dip is perfect for holiday parties. Eggnog Dip is easy to make and a festive Christmas appetizer you can serve with gingerbread and other holiday cookies.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! The Christmas season has always been my favorite holiday since I was a little girl. I love all the pretty decorations, seeing family and friends, parties and, most of all, the food!
Eggnog is my very favorite Christmas drink. I love its creamy sweetness with a hint of spice. I will start buying it as soon as I see it hit the grocery store shelves. There is always a carton or two in my fridge.
Eggnog Dip captures the essence of eggnog in a creamy, sweet dessert dip. If you are a fan of eggnog, it’s a must-try!
Make sure to try my Homemade Eggnog.
Why You’ll Love This Eggnog Dessert Dip
- Super creamy and sweet with luscious eggnog flavor
- You can make it advance
- It’s easily transportable and perfect for parties
- Easy to find holiday ingredients
- Perfect for dipping all your Christmas cookies
Ingredients to Make Eggnog Dip
This post contains affiliate links.
- Cream cheese – I use the regular cream cheese (not the light version)
- Eggnog – I don’t use low fat eggnog here either. I want the creaminess!
- Rum extract – I find this product alongside the vanilla extract in the grocery store.
- Cool Whip – Try making homemade stabilized whipped cream if you can’t get Cool Whip in stores.
How to Make Eggnog Dip
Step One: Add cream cheese, eggnog, nutmeg and rum extract to a large mixing bowl. Beat together with a mixer on medium speed, about 3 to 4 minutes, until smooth.
Step Two: Fold in Cool Whip.
Step Three: Cover and chill for 1 hour in the fridge.
Step Four: Add to serving dish and garnish with nutmeg, if desired.
Equipment Needed to Make Eggnog Dip
What to Serve with your Christmas Dip
- Christmas Cake Mix Cookies
- Whipped Shortbread Cookies
- Cream Cheese Cookies
- Gingersnap Cookies
- Vanilla Wafers
Other Serving Ideas
- Fresh fruit
- Graham crackers
Substitutions and Variations
- Can’t find rum extract? Substitute vanilla extract in its place.
- Want a boozy dip? Use 2 teaspoons of dark rum instead of the rum extract.
Store any leftover eggnog dip in a covered container in the fridge for up to three days.
As a general rule of thumb, you should not let the dip sit out at room temperature for more than 2 hours. After that, refrigerate!
Can I make this Cookie Dip Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can make this eggnog dip recipe in advance. I recommend preparing the dip up to a day before you want to eat it and store it until then in the fridge. Make sure it’s in a covered airtight container so it doesn’t absorb any “fridge smells”.
- Don’t stress if you can’t find rum extract. It may be hard depending on where you live. Leave it out or use vanilla extract instead.
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened before you mix it in the recipe. It will be much easier to get a smooth and lump-free result. I let mine sit at room temperature for an hour before I need to use it.
- Use store-bought cookies if you don’t have homemade cookies on hand. I like using gingersnap cookies!
- Candy Cane Dip
- Pumpkin Pie Dip
- Cinnamon Cream Cheese Dip
- Gingerbread Dip
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- Booty Dip
You’ll also like this Christmas Popcorn.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 1 (8oz/250g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
- Add cream cheese, eggnog, nutmeg and rum extract to a large mixing bowl. Beat together with a mixer on medium speed, about 3 to 4 minutes, until smooth.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Add to serving dish and garnish with nutmeg, if desired.
It's important the cream cheese be softened before using it so there won't be any lumps in the mixture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g