Bring on the holiday spirit with these ultra creamy and boozy festive adult treats. Spiked with bourbon and fireball cinnamon whiskey, you’ll love the sweet, spicy flavor of Eggnog Pudding Shots!
This tipsy classic is a MUST for your next holiday party. These fabulous eggnog shots are a great way to celebrate with a festive holiday treat. I think of them more as a boozy dessert versus an actual drink.
The texture of these Christmas pudding shots is light and creamy. You can really taste the eggnog flavor and the cinnamon whisky is the perfect touch of spice to make this easy pudding shot an instant holiday hit.
You can bet I’ll be making them a few times this holiday season. I’m a huge eggnog fan and have been known to even buy it throughout the year. However, there is some magical about enjoying this creamy eggnog delight around the twinkling lights of a Christmas tree. The best!
Why You’ll Love These Eggnog Pudding Shots
- Decadent treat for a Christmas party or even a New Year’s Eve party
- Eggnog fans will LOVE it and it will be a big hit
- So much fun to make and eat
- A new way to enjoy everyone’s favorite quintessential holiday drink
- Creamy, smooth and perfectly sweet
- You can freeze them (and they still taste YUMMY!)
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Eggnog – You could use store-bought eggnog or homemade eggnog
- Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Thawed Cool Whip
How to Make Eggnog Pudding Shots
- Step One: In a large bowl, whisk together the vanilla pudding mix, eggnog, bourbon, cinnamon whiskey, cinnamon and nutmeg together for 2 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Step Two: Add one of the 8oz containers of whipped topping and fold it in. Place in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Step Three: Lay out 27 (2oz) plastic cups on a sheet tray. Add 3 tablespoons of pudding mixture to each cup. Cover with the tops or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Step Four: Pipe on the remaining whipped topping to each shot. Sprinkle a little more cinnamon and nutmeg on top if using. Keep chilled and serve immediately.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Eggnog Pudding Shots
- Candy Cane Brownies
- Sweet dips like Gingerbread Dip or Candy Cane Dip
- Rumchata Pudding Shots
- Irish Cream Pudding Shots
- Christmas Punch
- Christmas Jello Shots
Variations and Substitutions
- Instead of Cool Whip, use your own homemade stabilized whipped cream, homemade whipped cream or canned whipped cream. I prefer using Cool Whip (or its homemade version) because it holds its shape better.
- If you are using your own homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip, you’ll need 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and ¼ cup powdered sugar. Add both ingredients to a large bowl and whip until stiff peaks form. Use half of the whipped cream in the pudding shot mix and the other half for the topping.
- Try pumpkin pie spice instead of the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Use spiced rum or dark rum instead of the Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey and Bourbon.
- Try instant cheesecake pudding mix or instant white chocolate pudding mix in place of the vanilla pudding.
Can I Make Without Alcohol?
Definitely! You can make this eggnog pudding shots recipe non-alcoholic by leaving out the liquor and adding in an extra ½ cup of eggnog.
In addition to the whipped topping, add some other fun and festive toppings!
- Bits of English toffee
- Cinnamon stick
- Holiday sprinkles
- Gingersnap cookie crumbs
- Candy cane
- Pomegranate seeds
- Shaved white chocolate or milk chocolate
- Caramel sauce or butterscotch sauce
- Gingerbread Man cookie
- Maraschino cherry
- Star anise
How to Eat
Serve each pudding shot with a small spoon and let your guests dig in and enjoy each decadent bite.
If you have leftover pudding shots, store them in the fridge for up to 5 days. If you can, store them without the topping and the cover on the pudding shot cup.
Can I Freeze?
Yes, you can freeze them, too! They are delicious frozen! Freeze them for up to 3 months without the topping.
Can I Make Ahead?
Yes, definitely! I’ve made them in advance a day or two before I want to serve. Store the pudding shots in the fridge with their lids on and no topping. Add the toppings when you ready to serve.
You’ll also like this Gingerbread Martini.
Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, Facebook at Simply Stacie, TikTok @simplystacierecipes or Pinterest at @simplystacie and let me know how you liked this recipe and my other recipes.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Eggnog Pudding Shots
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix 3.4oz box
- 1 ½ cups eggnog
- ¼ cup bourbon
- ¼ cup fireball cinnamon whiskey
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon plus more for garnish
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg plus more for garnish
- 2 containers frozen whipped topping 8oz containers, thawed, divided
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vanilla pudding mix, eggnog, bourbon, cinnamon whiskey, cinnamon and nutmeg together for 2 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Add one of the 8oz containers of whipped topping and fold it in. Place in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Lay out 27 (2oz) plastic cups on a sheet tray. Add 3 tablespoons of pudding mixture to each cup. Cover with the tops or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Pipe on the remaining whipped topping to each shot. Sprinkle a little more cinnamon and nutmeg on top if using. Keep chilled and serve immediately.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Leave a Reply