Try this delicious festive non-alcoholic holiday drink this holiday season. Spiced Cranberry Punch is made with a blend of cranberry juice, orange juice and holiday spices like cinnamon and cloves.
This delicious cranberry punch not only looks beautiful, but it is also so tasty! It’s easy to make with festive ingredients like cranberry juice, orange juice and whole cloves. It’s a punch that really packs a punch!
This recipe serves about 8 people, but can be doubled or tripled if you are entertaining a bigger crowd. Dust off that punch bowl and make this simple Christmas drink.
Snap a photo of it and share it on your Instagram (tag me #simplystacie). It’s gorgeous and captures that festive Christmas vibe.
Why You’ll Love This Spiced Punch
- Easy to make with readily available ingredients.
- Looks beautiful in a Christmas spread of food.
- Option to add alcohol if that is your preference.
- Tastes delicious with the right amount of sweet spice.
- Can be easily doubled or tripled.
Ingredients for Spiced Cranberry Punch
- Cranberry juice: Cranberry Cocktail will also work if you can’t find cranberry juice.
- Orange juice: You can use fresh orange juice or orange juice from concentrate. I prefer the pulp-free orange juice.
- Fresh cranberries: If you don’t have any fresh cranberries, you can make this punch without them. A great option is to add some frozen cranberries instead. I don’t recommend using dried cranberries though.
- Dark brown sugar: Light brown sugar or granulated white sugar can be used instead. If you prefer something more natural, try a cup of honey, agave nectar, or maple syrup.
- Whole cloves: You can find these in the spice aisle at the grocery store. Bulk food stores also carry them.
- Cinnamon sticks
- Lemon lime soda: I used the store brand lemon lime soda, but you could use Sprite or 7-Up. Even a grapefruit soda like Fresca would work. If you want to just add the carbonation, use club soda or sparkling water.
How to Make Spiced Cranberry Punch
Step One: Add the cranberry juice, orange juice, 2 cups of fresh cranberries, dark brown sugar, whole cloves, and cinnamon sticks to a large saucepan or pot.
Step Two: Turn the heat up to a simmer and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
Step Three: Cover and let cook for 30 minutes. Don’t worry if the cranberries pop during the cooking process.
Step Four: Take the saucepan off of the heat and strain the liquid using a tight weave sieve into a large pitcher or punch bowl.
Step Five: Let the liquid cool to room temperature (or for at least 30 minutes) before placing it into the fridge. Let it chill for at least an hour.
Step Six: Just before serving, add the lemon lime soda and stir until it is completely mixed.
Step Seven: Add in the fresh cranberries, cinnamon sticks, orange slices, and fresh rosemary, optional, and serve cold.
Equipment Needed to Make Holiday Punch
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Cranberry Punch
Christmas Appetizers and Snacks
- Eggnog Donuts
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Whipped Shortbread Cookies
- Gingerbread Whoopie Pies
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Haystacks
- Use cranberry cocktail instead of cranberry juice.
- Use ginger ale instead of lemon lime soda
- If the store is sold out of fresh cranberries, you can use frozen cranberries. You can also omit the cranberries altogether.
- Prefer a natural sweetener? Use 1 cup of honey, agave syrup or maple syrup instead of the brown sugar.
- Want just the carbonation? Use club soda or sparkling water in place of the lemon lime soda.
How to Store Spiced Cranberry Punch
For best results, serve this punch fresh. If you do have leftovers, you can store them in a pitcher in the fridge for up to one week.
Can I Make Ahead?
Yes, you can make most of this holiday punch ahead of time. I recommend not adding the soda until just before you want to serve it so you don’t lose the carbonation.
Also, keep an eye on the cranberries as well because they will go bad quicker if they are in liquid.
Can I add alcohol to this punch?
To add some little extra punch to this punch, you can include some vodka. Add about 2 ½ cups of vodka with the lemon lime soda after the drink has been chilled in the fridge. Feel free to add more or less depending on your preference.
- Additional cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- Cinnamon sticks
- Orange slices
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
Do I need a punch bowl?
A large punch bowl is great to have, but you can still make this recipe without one. You’ll need to use a large drink pitcher.
Christmas Drink Recipes
- Homemade Eggnog
- Christmas Punch
- Cranberry Mint Mocktail
- Shirley Temple – Kids love these!
- Gingerbread Latte
- Gingerbread Martini
You’ll also like this Pretty in Pink Punch.
Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, Facebook at Simply Stacie or Pinterest at @simplystacie and let me know how you liked this recipe and my other recipes.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Spiced Cranberry Punch
Try this delicious festive non-alcoholic holiday drink this holiday season. Made with a blend of cranberry juice, orange juice and holiday spices like cinnamon and cloves.
- 6 cups cranberry juice
- 5 cups orange juice
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- 16 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups lemon lime soda
- Optional garnishes: additional cranberries, cinnamon sticks, orange slices, and fresh rosemary
- Add the cranberry juice, orange juice, 2 cups of fresh cranberries, dark brown sugar, whole cloves, and cinnamon sticks to a large saucepan or pot.
- Turn the heat up to a simmer and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Cover and let cook for 30 minutes. Don't worry if the cranberries pop during the cooking process.
- Take the saucepan off of the heat and strain the liquid using a tight weave sieve into a large pitcher or punch bowl.
- Let the liquid cool to room temperature (or for at least 30 minutes) before placing it into the fridge. Let it chill for at least an hour.
- Just before serving, add the lemon lime soda and stir until it is completely mixed.
- Add in the fresh cranberries, cinnamon sticks, orange slices, and fresh rosemary, optional, and serve cold.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel 4Pcs Measuring Cups And Spoons Combo Set, Silver
9" Large Fine Mesh Strainer with Sturdy Handle - Sieve Fine Mesh Stainless Steel - Ideal Quinoa Strainer
RowBuys Heavyweight 2 Gallon Punch Bowl, Footed Glass Punch Heavy Base Bowl with Angled Design, Party Serveware for Cocktails, Functional Centerpiece, Large Bowl for Parties
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 3gSugar: 51gProtein: 2g
Leave a Reply