Celebrate the festive season with this gorgeous Holiday Sangria, a winter wonder that blends cranberries, green apples, oranges with apple cider, and white wine, creating the best pitcher of cheer for Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Its vibrant colors and fresh flavors make it a must-have for any holiday gathering, embodying the spirit of the season in every sip.
This is the ultimate winter sangria recipe! Tart green apples floating in delectable white wine. The addition of cranberries makes it a dreamy Christmas sangria for parties or dinners. Any time in the holiday season is the right time for this lovely drink.
If you’re looking for the perfect Christmas cocktail, you just found it! You don’t have to worry about complicated mixes or how to balance flavors. All you do is add a few simple ingredients to a pitcher or punch bowl, and it’s ready to be the star of any holiday party.
Why You’ll Love Holiday Sangria
- Fresh Fruit – Fresh apples and oranges float in this white sangria recipe, giving it more flavor and dressing it up for parties.
- Shows Off – There are many ways to make it look fancy! Add a sprig of rosemary and serve it in a crystal punch bowl.
- Easy to Put Together – This fun cocktail has only a few simple ingredients and steps.
- Festive Colors – The beautiful colors fit in with all your holiday gatherings.
- Easy to Customize – This festive sangria is easy to change up! Add more orange flavor, or make a caramel apple sangria. The choice is up to you.
The full printable recipe card with measurements and instructions is found at the bottom of the post.
Just look at all the amazing winter flavors in this tasty sangria!
- White Wine – Use a dry white wine as the base of the sangria.
- Fresh or Frozen Cranberries – Whole cranberries add tart flavors and bright red colors that fit with the holidays.
- Cranberry Juice – This makes the sangria both sweet and tart.
- Green Apples – These add the festive green colors that match the red in the cranberries.
- Orange – Orange slices add sugary sweetness to the sangria.
- Orange Juice – For the best flavor, squeeze fresh juice from the oranges.
- Apple Cider – This adds warmth and spice to the fruity sangria.
- Cinnamon Sticks – They add flavor to the drink as a garnish while decorating it.
- Simple Syrup – You only need a little to add the perfect flavors to the drink.
How to Make Holiday Sangria
- Step One: In a large pitcher, add your orange juice, simple syrup, cranberry juice, and apple cider. Next, add your white wine and stir.
- Step Two: Add your sliced apples, oranges, cinnamon sticks, and fresh cranberries. Stir to combine. Place in the fridge until completely chilled, at least 4 hours. Preferably overnight.
- Step Three: Serve in glasses with more fruit for garnish.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Holiday Sangria
This holiday recipe will become your favorite cocktail on Christmas Eve (or any time of year). If you’re serving it with Christmas dinner, here are some more tasty recipes to add to
Variations and Substitutions
- Use red wine instead and then flavor it with pomegranate juice
- Make it non-alcoholic. Use fruit juice and ginger beer or ginger ale instead
- Spike it with Grand Marnier or Triple Sec to give it fruitier flavors.
Store the sangria in the fridge, covered, for up to 3 days. It tastes best when made fresh, so serve it immediately.
Holiday Sangria Tips and Tricks
- For bolder colors, add some blood oranges.
- When you serve it, add some fruit and garnishes to each glass.
- Double batch because this is the best holiday sangria you’ll ever make.
What Is The Best White Wine For Sangria?
The best types of white wine to use in the sangria are Noir or Sauvignon Blanc. White sangrias are sweetened by the syrup and the fruit, not the wine.
If you want to make a red wine sangria, I suggest making it with a merlot or shiraz.
Adding a few pomegranate seeds and rosemary sprigs is a great way to dress up this festive cocktail. If you want to make the glasses look extra festive, add some sugar around the rims.
Can I Make Ahead?
Yes, this is an excellent cocktail to make ahead of time. You can make it up to 24 hours before serving. This allows the flavors to incorporate the wine fully.
I used green apples in this easy holiday sangria recipe. You can use red apples; the drink won’t have the same red and green colors, and the apples won’t be as tart.
Serve the sangria in a punch bowl, pitcher, or individual glasses.
This recipe makes about eight servings.
Want to make more festive drink recipes at home? Here are some of my favorites:
- Christmas Punch
- Gingerbread Martini
- Eggnog Pudding Shots
- Spiced Cranberry Punch
- Grinch Mint Cocktail
- Root Beer Shooters
- 1 bottle white wine
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2 green apples sliced
- 1 orange sliced
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup simple syrup
- In a large pitcher add your orange juice, simple syrup, cranberry juice, and apple cider. Next add your white wine and stir.
- Add in your sliced apples, oranges, cinnamon sticks, and fresh cranberries. Stir to combine. Place in the fridge until completely chilled, at least 4 hours. Preferably overnight.
- Serve in glasses with more fruit for garnish.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.