Air Fryer Oreos are an easy and fun carnival treat made in the air fryer with crescent roll dough. Oreo cookies are enveloped in a sweet and golden crescent roll packet and topped with powdered sugar. Ready to eat in under 15 minutes!
If you are a beginner air fryer user, this is one of the first recipes you should try with your new air fryer. It’s super simple with minimal prep work. And the results? Nothing short of amazing. My fiancé, Matty, calls them the “ultimate Oreos”.
The best part is that they are ready to enjoy in under 15 minutes. Perfect for a quick snack when the sweet cravings hit.
Each bite fills your mouth with soft, warm and chocolate Oreo cookies and sweet dough. Get your air fryer out and make this recipe. Seriously.
To make fried Oreos in the air fryer, you’ll need the following ingredients.
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls – grab two cans to make 8 fried Oreos.
- Oreo cookies – I used original Oreos, but if you wanted to use their specialty flavors like mint or Golden Oreos, then go for it.
- Melted butter – I use butter mixed with sugar to add some sweetness to the crescent roll dough and make the air fryer Oreos easy to remove from the basket.
- Powdered sugar – I used this for garnish, but you could leave it off if you like.
How to Make Air Fryer Oreos with Crescent Rolls
1. Unroll crescent roll dough. Separate each can into 4 squares for a total of 8.
2. Pinch together dough with your fingers to seal perforations. You should have 8 squares.
3. Place Oreo cookie in the middle of each square.
4. Fold in each corner of the dough.
5. Seal the dough with your fingers.
6. Place on a plate or baking sheet.
7. Stir together melted butter and sugar.
8. Brush mixture on both sides of dough.
9. Place in air fryer. You may need to work in batches depending on how big your air fryer is.
10. Set your air fryer to 325F and an 8 minute cook time. You might need to preheat your air fryer depending on the brand you have.
11. Remove from air fryer and sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve warm.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links.
- Air Fryer – I have three Ninja Foodi air fryers. I love my Ninja Foodi Grill & Air Fryer. It fights the air fryer fried Oreos perfectly.
- Shaker for powdered sugar
- Tongs – the fried Oreos will be hot when you take them out of the air fryer.
- Pastry brush
How do you keep Air Fryer Oreos from getting soggy?
Like most crescent roll desserts, they are best served fresh and warm. The longer they sit, the more moisture they’ll draw in. You can fix that by simply reheating them before you serve them. Reheat in the air fryer or microwave. Easy peasy.
Can you reheat the in the air fryer?
Yes! Heat your air fryer to 325F and pop the fried Oreos in for a couple minutes. This will soften them up and make the dough nice and soft again.
- Brush the dough with the butter/sugar mixture right before you are about to put them into the air fryer after it’s done preheating. This way, the butter/sugar will be fresh when it goes in and won’t soak into the dough. They’ll also be much easier to remove from the basket.
- Work in batches if your air fryer is small. Don’t overcrowd the basket.
- If your air fryer doesn’t have the exact temperature for this recipe, use the closest temperature rounding down. Different brands have different temperature settings.
- Wait a few minutes after you’ve taken them out of the air fryer before you eat them. They will be HOT. Give them about 5 to 10 minutes to cool to the perfect temperature.
Do I Need to Preheat my Air Fryer?
My Ninja Foodi will automatically start preheating when you set the temperature and time. It takes about 5 minutes or so. It beeps when the food is ready to go into the basket.
I’m not sure about other air fryer brands though. I would preheat the air fryer if you have that option so the food cooks more evenly. If it’s not preheated, you’ll likely need to cook them longer since the air fryer will have to heat up first to the correct temperature.
Can I Make this Recipe without an Air Fryer?
Yes, you can make it in the oven. You may need to adjust the baking time a little. I recommend keeping an eye on the fried Oreos and bake until they are a nice golden brown.
Watch for more Air Fryer Desserts coming up soon. I’m obsessed with my air fryer! Confession – I have three of them! Make sure you try these Air Fryer Chocolate Croissants, Air Fryer Cauliflower Bites, Air Fryer Pizza and Air Fryer Mozzarella Balls.
Check out my Air Fryer Oreos Google Web Story.
Love Oreos? Check out these fantastic Oreo desserts.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 2 cans (235g/8oz) Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 8 Oreo cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Powdered sugar, for garnish, if desired
- Preheat air fryer to 325F. Set for 8 minutes cook time.
- Unroll crescent roll dough. Separate each can into 4 squares for a total of 8.
- Pinch together dough with your fingers to seal perforations. You should have 8 squares.
- Place Oreo cookie in the middle of each square. Fold in each corner of the dough. Seal with your fingers.
- Stir together melted butter and sugar. Brush mixture on both sides of dough.
- Place in air fryer. You may need to work in batches depending on how big your air fryer is. Cook for 8 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from air fryer and sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 108mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 1g