Christmas Chewy Bars are one of the easiest holiday desserts ever made with only 4 ingredients! Everyone loves this festive, bright and sweet bar recipe.
If you’re a regular reader of my blog, you’ll know I like easy, straightforward recipes. This holiday bar recipe is no exception. It’s quick to make and hard to mess up!
They are great to serve for holiday parties or when you want to get a sweet treat ready quickly. They take about 35 minutes to make from start to finish.
Why You’ll Love these Christmas Chewy Bars
- Only 4 ingredients
- Easy to customize to suit whatever occasion you are celebrating
- Festive holiday colors
- Only 35 minutes to make
- Sweet and chewy
- Kids can help make this recipe
- Perfect for your holiday sweets tray
Ingredients for Christmas Chewy Bars
This post contains affiliate links.
- Graham cracker crumbs – You can buy them already crushed or crush graham crackers yourself with a rolling pin.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Holiday baking chips – I can find these around Christmas at the grocery store. Our local bulk food store also has them in bins.
- Whipped white frosting – I like the Betty Crocker brand, but any brand you can find will work.
How to Make Christmas Chewy Bars
Step One: Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan and set aside.
Step Two: In a large bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, sweetened condensed milk, and 1 cup holiday baking chips. Spread into pan.
Step Three: Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
Step Four: Once cooled, frost with the white frosting and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of holiday chips on top. Cut into bars and enjoy!
Equipment Needed to Make Holiday Dessert Bars
What to Serve with Holiday Bars
- Air Fryer Candied Pecans
- Spiced Cranberry Punch
- Homemade Eggnog
- Reindeer Chow
- Eggnog Donuts
- Christmas Popcorn
Substitutions and Variations
- Use Oreo cookie crumbs instead of the graham cracker crumbs.
- Try another type of frosting. Cream cheese frosting or regular vanilla buttercream is good. You can use homemade frosting if you wish.
- Can’t find holiday baking chips? Use M&M’s, chocolate chips, holiday sprinkles, or chocolate mint chips. Pretty much anything goes here!
Store in a covered airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
You can also freeze these bars after the frosting has set. You can tell when it’s “set” when you touch it and you don’t get a finger full of frosting. Place in a freezer safe container and store for up to three months.
Dessert Bar Recipes for Christmas
- Butter Tart Squares
- Mud Hen Bars
- Butterscotch Blondies
- Peanut Butter Squares
- Eggnog Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Confetti Bars
Try a Sugar Cookie Christmas Tree.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Christmas Chewy Bars
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14oz/300ml can
- 1 ½ cups holiday baking chips divided
- 1 container whipped white frosting 12oz/340g container
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, sweetened condensed milk, and 1 cup holiday baking chips. Spread into pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Once cooled, frost with the white frosting and sprinkle remaining ½ cup of holiday chips on top. Cut into bars and enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.