This Mexican Spaghetti recipe is filled with cheesy ground beef, taco seasoning, peppers, corn, tomatoes and noodles. It’s simple to make with just the right amount of spice. The perfect family dinner recipe.
I love taking a classic recipe and mixing things up. Take Taco Tuesday, for example. Sure, you could have the tacos (I mean what’s not love about tacos, right?), but why not try something a little different. This easy Mexican Spaghetti is a delicious homemade dinner that is quick to make with easy to find ingredients. Taco pasta for the win!
My spouse isn’t a fan of spicy food so I knew I didn’t want this recipe to be overboard with heat otherwise he wouldn’t eat it. He said the amount of spice was perfect for him.
We gave some leftovers to his parents to try as well. Both his mom and dad came back with rave reviews. His dad said he wasn’t sure at first about eating it, but was pleasantly surprised just how good it was. That’s always nice to hear. I love my recipe testers!
This easy taco spaghetti is perfect for nights you are craving comfort food (hello pasta!). You can have dinner on the table in 45 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links.
To make this Mexican Spaghetti, you’ll need to round up these ingredients:
- Ground beef
- Onion (I like sweet onion)
- Green pepper
- Red pepper
- Package of taco seasoning (you can also make your own)
- Can of diced tomatoes
- Tomato sauce
- ROTEL diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Spaghetti noodles
- Cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
How to Make Taco Pasta
1. Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Add ground beef, onion, green pepper and red pepper to a large pan or Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat for 7 to 9 minutes, until beef is cooked and veggies are softened.
3. Stir taco seasoning into beef mixture.
4. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomatoes with green chilies and corn. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
5. Stir in cooked spaghetti noodles and cheese. Top with cilantro and serve hot.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
These kitchen essentials will help you make this recipe.
What to Serve with this Mexican Spaghetti
Serve with some cornbread or dinner rolls to sop up all that mouthwatering Mexican spaghetti sauce.
You could also pair it with a side salad. I would keep it light like a garden salad because this recipe is on the heavier side.
- It’s annoying when pasta noodles stick together. I find stirring lots while it’s boiling helps. Make sure to use lots of water in your pot when you are boiling it. I also like to salt the water to give the noodles extra flavor.
- I love this easy method for cutting bell peppers. I’ve been doing it this way for years.
- If you prefer to use your own homemade taco seasoning versus a premade package, use about two tablespoons in its place.
- Try ground chicken or turkey instead of ground beef.
- Make it vegetarian and leave the meat out altogether. You would add the taco seasoning to the peppers and onions.
- No spaghetti? Use a different pasta. Rotini, rigatoni, fettuccine…whatever you have in your pantry!
- Not a big fan of corn? Leave it out!
- Try using salsa instead of ROTEL. Mild or hot – it’s your pick.
How to Store
Store any leftover taco spaghetti in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Microwave it for a few minutes when you are ready to serve.
Can You Make Ahead
Make the sauce up to a day ahead of time and store in the fridge. Reheat it on the stove when you are ready to eat.
I would cook the noodles before serving so they’ll be less likely to be all clumpy and sticky.
More Mexican-inspired Recipes
- Mexican Tater Tot Casserole
- Mexican Meatloaf
- Mexican Meatballs
- Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- Taco Chili
- Taco Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Taco Pizza
Make sure to check out my web story!
Have you tried Mexican Spaghetti? I’m always looking for more recipes to try! Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @SimplyStacie and let me know how you liked this and my other recipes! Join my free recipe sharing Facebook group.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 (1oz/24g) package taco seasoning
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (10oz/284ml) can ROTEL diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 1/4 cup corn
- 1 (450g/16oz) package of spaghetti, uncooked
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish, optional
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
- Add ground beef, onion, green pepper and red pepper to a large pan or Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat for 7 to 9 minutes, until beef is cooked and veggies are softened.
- Stir taco seasoning into beef mixture.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomatoes with green chilies and corn. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in cooked spaghetti noodles and cheese. Top with cilantro and serve hot.
I used canned corn.
I used half a 900g package of spaghetti.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 500Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 1378mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 5gSugar: 10gProtein: 35g