Save money and try this homemade dry powder mix instead of a packet of ranch seasoning. It tastes delicious in chicken, potatoes, dips, dressings and veggie recipes. This homemade ranch seasoning is made with pantry ingredients and NO preservatives!
This homemade ranch seasoning recipe is a pantry staple that can used in any recipe that calls for ranch dressing mix. It’s super easy to make and is a helpful addition to your spice cabinet.
I’ve started making my own homemade seasoning blends and much prefer them to the store-bought seasoning packets. You can can customize them how you like and it’s no biggie if you run out because you can always make more.
I love using ranch seasoning mixes as my weeknight secret weapon in recipes. Everything tastes better with it! Ever hear of Crack Chicken? It’s so addicting and delicious and the secret ingredient is ranch seasoning.
Why You’ll Love This Delicious Seasoning Mix
- Saves a trip to the grocery store because you make your own ranch mix at home
- So many ways to use this versatile mix in dips, to season meats, make ranch salad dressing and more
- Quickly whip up some ranch dressing for your salads
- Simple ingredients
- Great gift idea for a foodie
- No artificial flavors or preservatives
- Ready to use in less than 5 minutes
- 3 month shelf life
Dry Ranch Seasoning Mix Ingredients
The full ingredient list and instructions is found in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Buttermilk powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried dill
- Dried chives
- Dried parsley
- Black pepper
How to Make the Perfect Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Step One: Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Step Two: Store in spice jars.
This post contains affiliate links.
How to Use Ranch Seasoning
Some of my favorite ways to use the dry mix.
- Make homemade ranch dressing
- Season meat
- Make homemade ranch dip
- Use in the breading mixture for chicken strips or chicken tenders
- Add to popcorn
- Use as a substitute for garlic powder
- Add to your mashed potatoes
- Mix into meatloaf
Use the dry seasoning mix whenever a recipe calls for a packet of ranch dressing mix.
Variations and Substitutions
- Use onion flakes in place of the onion powder
- Add a kick with a dash of cayenne pepper
- Add a few extra herbs and spices to give it your own unique spice. Some recipes include mustard powder and dried tarragon.
- You can also store in a mason jar if you don’t have spice jars.
I recommend storing in an airtight container. I like using the little spice jars. I bought mine on Amazon. They are 3oz jars, but you could buy bigger jars if you like.
Store for up to 3 months in the refrigerator. It should be stored in the fridge because of the buttermilk powder.
What is Buttermilk Powder?
Buttermilk powder is basically just dehydrated buttermilk. It has a similar texture to flour.
If you can’t find it, you can make your own dry buttermilk powder substitute.
How Much Ranch Seasoning is in a Packet?
If you have a recipe that calls for a packet ranch seasoning mix, use 2 tablespoons of your homemade ranch seasoning in its place.
Ranch Inspired Recipes
You can use your DIY ranch seasoning mix in these delicious recipes.
- Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles
- Crack Chicken Spaghetti
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Creamy Ranch Slow Cooker Chicken
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- ½ cup buttermilk powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 2 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Store in spice jars.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.