You really can’t go wrong with pasta salad. As long as the noodles are cooked, it’s pretty much a foolproof recipe to make. It’s fast to make, versatile and inexpensive. You can make a delicious pasta salad with canned foods, leftover meat, fresh garden veggies, herbs, spices, dressings, etc. You get the picture. This particular pasta salad that I’m sharing today is made with peas, corn, bacon mixed with garlic, lemon and olive oil. I love using bow tie pasta because it looks so nice in a bowl!
If you wish, use canned peas or corn in place of the frozen. Bear in mind though that the canned peas will be mushier than their frozen counterparts.
Bring this Easy Bacon Pea Pasta Salad to your next family gathering or barbecue. It would also make a nice side for a picnic!
Are you a fan of pasta salads?
You’ll also like this Greek Pasta Salad.
- 2 cups bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a medium pot on the stove. Add corn and peas and cook for 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Cook pasta and drain into the same colander as the corn and peas. Set aside.
- Add olive, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add pasta, corn, peas and bacon to a large bowl. Add dressing ingredients and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Chill until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 587mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 13g