This summer I can’t seem to get enough pasta salad. I serve it as a side or the main course depending on the mood I’m in. This Chili Pasta Salad is a meal in itself though! I was inspired to make this recipe after whipping up a batch of my Pantry Chili a few weeks ago. I wondered what a Chili Pasta Salad would taste like. The answer? Delicious!
Think tender noodles mixed with a spicy chili and tangy garlic dressing. I like eating mine warm, but it also tastes good chilled too. I’ll be making this one again this summer I’m sure!
- 4 cups uncooked bowtie pasta
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 540 ml can stewed tomatoes
- 1 540 ml can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup lime juice
- 1 package chili seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash Chili Seasoning Mix)*
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and put in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large saucepan on the stove over medium heat. Add in ground beef, onions and green pepper. Cook until beef is browned and vegetables are softened.
- Stir in package of chili seasoning mix. Add in stewed tomatoes and kidney beans and stir together. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice and garlic. Add the mixture to the bowtie pasta and stir to combine. Add the chili into the pasta mixture and stir together. Serve warm or chilled.
If you don’t have the chili seasoning mix, use 2 tbsp chili powder, ½ tsp cumin, ½ tsp oregano instead.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 655Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 851mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 8gSugar: 6gProtein: 38g