Roasted Pepper Pasta Salad
I think one of the reasons I love making pasta salad so much is that its so versatile! The pasta is like a blank canvas just waiting for you to add flavour and colour to make it a delicious dish to serve your friends and family. The only way you can really mess it up is to undercook the pasta. It tastes delicious with veggies, cheeses, meat and whatever you feel like adding in.
I made this pasta salad with roasted peppers. My youngest daughter can’t get enough peppers and eats them raw like an apple. She loved them roasted in this salad too. Add some cold meat, cheese, olives, fresh veggies and a dressing made out of mustard, vinegar and olive oil and you have a crowd-pleasing meal!
I like to use the bowtie pasta because of the presentation but you can use whatever small pasta noodles you have on hand.
For more pasta salad, check out these recipes: Greek Pasta Salad, Chili Pasta Salad, Easy Bacon Pea Pasta Salad and 15 Pasta Salad Recipes for a Summer Picnic. I also have a Pasta Salad board on Pinterest for recipe ideas and inspiration.
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 4 cups bowtie pasta, cooked
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ English cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup salami or Kielbassa, chopped
- ½ cup mild cheddar cheese, chopped
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cup olive oil
- Cut peppers in half and place on a baking sheet. Broil for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Peel off charred skin and cut peppers into strips. Set aside.
- Blend together garlic, vinegar, mustard and salt. Gradually pour in oil and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine peppers, pasta, tomato, cucumber, olives, cheese and salami. Pour in vinaigrette mixture and toss to combine.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1017Total Fat: 85gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 66gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 1087mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 18g