These Instant Pot BBQ Pork Ribs are fall off the bone tender and so flavorful. Made in the Instant Pot and then broiled to perfection to give you a saucy, quick and delicious dinner recipe.
Ready to make the most delicious instant pot ribs ever? You’re going to love how flavorful this easy recipe is. Grab that rack of ribs and bring out your electric pressure cooker and let’s do this!
Instant Pot baby back ribs are slathered in your favorite bbq sauce, Coca Cola, brown sugar and spices and then pressure cooked to juicy perfection. They are messy to eat, but oh so good!
Dinner is served in just under an hour. The cook time is 30 minutes and then 10 minutes for natural release. Your house is going to smell so good!
Why You’ll Love These Instant Pot Pork Ribs Recipe
- Great recipe even if you are new to pressure cooking
- Incredibly delicious and flavorful
- Simple ingredients
- Better than your favorite restaurant’s ribs
- Ready in under 1 hour
- Baby back ribs
- Brown sugar
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Chili powder
- Black pepper
- Coca Cola
- BBQ sauce – Any brand will work so feel free to use your favorite barbecue sauce. I used Sweet Baby Ray’s Brown Sugar BBQ sauce. You can also use homemade barbecue sauce.
How to Make Instant Pot BBQ Pork Ribs
- Step One: Lay ribs on a clean baking sheet and remove membrane.
- Step Two: In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Step Three: Rub mixture all over both sides of the ribs.
- Step Four: In a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot, pour Coca Cola into the bottom of the inner pot.
- Step Five: Add a rack to the bottom of the pot and then place the ribs on top of the rack.
- Step Six: Close lid and make sure the vent is set to seal.
- Step Seven: Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes and then let it natural release for 10 minutes.
- Step Eight: Carefully pull out the Instant Pot and place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Step Nine: Brush the BBQ sauce on the ribs with a basting brush and then broil on high in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Step Ten: Serve hot with extra BBQ sauce.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Pressure Cooker Ribs
- Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Tortellini Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Ranch Potato Salad
Variations and Substitutions
- Feel free to use your own homemade BBQ sauce if you like.
- Use root beer or Dr. Pepper instead of Coca Cola.
- If you have another spice rub recipe, you can substitute that in place of the spices.
- Add a few drops of liquid smoke for a smokey flavor.
- Add ¼ to ½ cayenne pepper to add a kick of heat.
- Take care when removing the cooked ribs from the Instant Pot. They will be very hot and may start to fall apart because they are very tender.
- If you have a steamer rack with handles, it’s much easier to pull the ribs out of the Instant Pot.
Store any leftover ribs in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
Can I Freeze?
Yes, you can freeze instant pot ribs. Cook as directed and let them cool. Place in a freezer safe container and store up to 3 months. They freeze really well if stored properly.
How to Remove Membrane from Baby Back Ribs?
It’s important to remove the tough membrane from your baby back ribs before starting to prepare them. This will make the meat that much more tender and allow the flavors to permeate the meat better. Check out this post from The Spruce Eats for step-by-step instructions.
Can I Cook Baby Back Ribs in the Slow Cooker
Prepare the recipe as directed, but instead use your slow cooker instead of the Instant Pot. Add the BBQ sauce into the slow cooker as well. Cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Strawberry Jam
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- Instant Pot Potatoes
- Instant Pot BBQ Shredded Chicken
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Instant Pot BBQ Pork Ribs
- 2 racks baby back ribs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ cups Coca Cola
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Lay ribs on a clean baking sheet and remove membrane.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Rub mixture all over both sides of the ribs.
- In a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot, pour Coca Cola into the bottom of the inner pot.
- Add a rack to the bottom of the pot and then place the ribs on top of the rack.
- Close lid and make sure the vent is set to seal.
- Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes and then let it natural release for 10 minutes.
- Carefully pull out the Instant Pot and place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Brush the BBQ sauce on the ribs with a basting brush and then broil on high in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with extra BBQ sauce.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.