Crockpot Italian Pork Chops and Veggies make a tasty, one-pot meal that’s easy to prepare and a time saver, perfect for busy weeknight dinners. With flavorful pork chops nestled amongst tender carrots and potatoes, this dish offers a wholesome and delicious taste of home in every bite.
This recipe is perfect for those days when you just don’t have time to cook but still want to make a healthy meal for your family. All you do is add everything to the Crock Pot and cook it all day. Then, dinner is ready when you are! These slow cooker pork chops are tender and flavorful, and this recipe gives you an entire meal in one pot. That’s the joy of slow cooking! You just add everything to it and let it cook.
Since this recipe includes potatoes and carrots, you don’t have to prepare a side salad. Make this once, and it will become one of your favorite slow cooker recipes.
Why You’ll Love Crockpot Italian Pork Chops and Veggies
- Easy recipe. This slow cooker pork chop recipe has only six ingredients, so it’s easy to make.
- Budget-friendly. All of the ingredients in this crock pot recipe are easy to find at a low price.
- Set and forget. The cooking process is so easy that there is almost no prep to do first.
- Adjustable cooking time. Make it in the morning and cook it on low or high when you get home on busy weeknights.
- Customizable. Change how much flavor it has and the types of veggies you use.
The full printable recipe card with measurements and instructions is found at the bottom of the post.
All of the ingredients are easy to find at the grocery store. Here is what you’ll need before you make this great recipe.
- Baby Potatoes: Any type of potatoes will taste delicious.
- Baby Carrots: Peel and chop up whole carrots or use a bag of baby carrots.
- Boneless Pork Chops: Thinner pork chops will cook quicker, but any size of chops will be fine in this recipe.
- Chicken Broth: Either chicken broth or chicken stock will be perfect.
- Zesty Italian Dressing Mix: Use a bag of Italian dressing powder.
- Butter: This butter adds juiciness and helps the Italian dressing mix with the other ingredients.
How to Make Crockpot Italian Pork Chops and Veggies
- Step One: Place potatoes and carrots in the bottom of a 5-quart crockpot.
- Step Two: Place pork chops on vegetables, then pour chicken broth over everything.
- Step Three: Sprinkle zesty Italian dressing mix evenly over pork chops and vegetables.
- Step Four: Top each pork chop with one tablespoon of butter.
- Step Five: Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
This post may contain affiliate links.
What to Serve with Crockpot Italian Pork Chops and Veggies
This is one of my favorite recipes because you don’t need to make any sides with it. If you want to add something to the table, try one of these soups or salads.
Variations and Substitutions
- Make Them Spicier. Add some red pepper flakes.
- Use Different Veggies. Make it with green beans, broccoli, or cauliflower.
- Use different seasoning packets. Try it with ranch seasoning or onion soup mix.
- Make it creamier. Add a can of either cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken soup while it cooks.
Place leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3-4 days. To freeze, place in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Crockpot Italian Pork Chops and Veggies Tips and Tricks
- Pork chops should reach a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees with a meat thermometer.
- Cut potatoes into roughly the same shape and size.
- Cook the pork chops a little longer if you want them to be tender and juicy.
- Prepare the slow cooker. Either use a slow cooker liner or spray the crock pot with cooking spray.
Bone-In Vs. Boneless Pork Chops
Should you use bone-in pork chops or boneless chops in this recipe? It all comes down to your personal preferences. When bone-in chops cook all day in the slow cooker, they will be so tender that they fall off the bone. I used boneless pork chops because it saved me from having to grab the bones out of the crock pot after they were cooked.
The Secret To Tender Pork Chops
These easy slow cooker pork chops are the best pork chops you’ll ever make because they are tender and juicy. Most people don’t enjoy pork because they think it’s a dry meat. The secret to juicy pork chops is to cook them slowly at low heat in some kind of liquid. This fabulous recipe does just that. The slow cooker cooks at a low temperature, giving even a thicker chop time to soak the broth and ingredients in the yummy sauce. The result is a tender pork chop bursting with flavor (not at all dry).
Pork chops should be cooked until they reach an internal temperature of 145F.
I used a mixture of baby red potatoes and small white potatoes. You could also use russet potatoes, but smaller ones taste slightly sweeter, so I prefer to use them when making crock pot pork chops.
A 5-quart slow cooker will be the perfect size to cook all this food.
This recipe makes about four servings.
Pork Chop Recipes
Want more pork chop recipes to make at home? Here are some of my favorites:
- Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Pork Chop Skillet Dinner
- Savory Pork Chops
- Brown Sugar Dijon Pork Tenderloin Chops
You’ll also like Pork Schnitzel.
Crockpot Italian Pork Chops
- 1 lb baby potatoes cut into halves
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 4 boneless pork chops
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 packet zesty Italian dressing mix 0.6oz packet
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- Place potatoes and carrotss in the bottom of a Crockpot.
- Place pork chops on top of the vegetables.
- Pour the chicken broth on top of everything in the Crockpot.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning mix evenly over pork chops and veggies.
- Top each pork chop with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Cover and cook on LOW FOR 4 to 5 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.