Today I have a yummy side for your holiday dinner table: Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Cranberries and Bacon! Even people who aren’t fans of Brussel Sprouts will enjoy this recipe.
The Brussel Sprouts are oven-roasted in a flavourful cinnamon and olive oil mixture. While they are baking, the sauce can be made so everything is ready to serve at the same time.
The sauce has a slightly sweet undertone thanks to the addition of cranberries and a bit of sugar. It tastes wonderful when mixed with the Brussel Sprouts. The bacon goes on top at the end. Everything thing tastes better when you add bacon, in my opinion!
When I served this to my family, I ended up eating more than my fair share. I couldn’t stop though! It was so good! I hope you’ll give this recipe a try and let me know what you thought!
- 6 cups Brussel sprouts, halved
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 strips bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F. Stir together Brussel sprouts, olive oil, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, tossing the Brussel sprouts at the 10 minute mark.
- Cook bacon in a frying pan over medium heat. Let bacon cool and then crumble.
- In the same frying pan, cook the onions in the bacon grease for 3 to 4 minutes. Add in apple cider vinegar, cranberries and sugar and stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and stir for an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place roasted Brussel sprouts into a serving dish. Stir in cranberry onion mixture. Sprinkle on bacon and serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 488mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 7gSugar: 27gProtein: 9g