Savory, a little bit sweet, and absolutely mouthwatering, this easy cheesy corn casserole is made with cheddar cheese, crackers, and butter for a simple side dish.
How do you feel about sugar, butter, and corn? Comforting, warm, and best served with fresh basil, this cheesy corn casserole recipe couldn’t be any more appetizing.
Whether you need easy loaded mashed potatoes or creamy carrots for your next main course or holiday meals, there should definitely be a ton of flavor involved. Why not create a well-rounded meal filled with tasty sides?
- Eggs: Use your favorite store-bought or farm-fresh eggs for this corn pudding to make sure it all stays together!
- Milk: Dairy milk is used instead of cream cheese or sour cream to make this cheesy corn casserole as creamy as it can be. Feel free to test this casserole with unsweetened dairy-free milk.
- Butter: Either salted or unsalted is fine, but do not skip out on the butter! This buttery goodness would not be complete without the butter.
- Sugar: Granulated white sugar adds a bit of sweetness to this recipe that is irreplaceable and perfect with savory flavors. If you don’t have sugar, then feel free to try this recipe with any kind of sweetener.
- Onion: If you want to get ahead on things, then go ahead and peel and chop the onion so it will be ready for the recipe. Either a yellow or white onion is fine for this corn casserole.
- Seasoning: You will need the classic salt and black pepper seasoning for this side dish.
- Corn: You can use your choice of corn here: either fresh, frozen, or canned. I love this recipe because it is so versatile!
- Cheese: Shredded cheddar cheese is used for its extra cheesy goodness. You can use shred your own block of cheese or use the pre-shredded type.
- Basil: I like to use fresh herbs for my recipes because they deliver a ton of flavors, but in a pinch, you can use any dried seasoning.
- Crackers: Soda crackers are used for the crunchiness they bring. Crackers make this casserole moist and extra savory.
What I Used For This Recipe
This post contains affiliate links.
- Casserole Dish: This casserole dish is perfect for all types of casseroles and baked goods–including this easy cheesy corn bake! I like this casserole dish because it is glass and comes with lids and different sizes.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons: Stainless is good for cookware and will last years. I love my stainless steel measuring cup set.
- Mixing Utensil: I used a whisk to mix all of the ingredients together. I linked my favorite whisk here because I couldn’t live without it!
How To Make It
- First, preheat the oven. Grease the casserole dish.
- Next, whisk the eggs, milk, butter, sugar, onion, basil, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Stir in the corn, cheese, and crackers.
- Pour the corn mixture into the greased casserole dish and sprinkle with a few soda crackers and cheddar cheese.
- Finally, bake the casserole, uncovered for 55 minutes. Serve hot.
Can you freeze corn casserole before cooking?
This recipe should be fine to freeze prior to cooking. We recommend storing it in the refrigerator for one to two days prior to cooking.
How long does corn casserole last in the fridge?
You can store this cheesy corn casserole in the refrigerator for five days!
What to Serve with this Recipe
You can serve this yummy corn casserole with a variety of recipes. Discover all of the different types of holiday recipes below.
- Easy Party Potatoes Recipe
- Frozen Peas Recipe (Company Peas)
- Baked Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Swiss Style Potatoes
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
More CASSEROLE Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Carrot Casserole
- French Fry Casserole
- Mashed Potato Casserole
- Green Bean Casserole
- Sweet Potato Casserole
Do you have any amazing EASY CASSEROLE recipes? I’m always looking for more recipes to try! Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @SimplyStacie and let me know how you liked this and my other recipes!
Cheesy Corn Casserole
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp salted butter melted
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- pinch salt and pepper
- 4 cups corn
- 1 cup salted soda crackers crushed, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- ½ tsp basil plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
- Whisk eggs, milk, butter, sugar, onion, basil and salt and pepper together in bowl. Stir in corn, ½ cup cheese and ½ cup soda crackers.
- Pour into casserole dish. Sprinkle with ½ cup soda crackers and ½ cup cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 55 minutes. Serve hot.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.