This tender and sweet Cherry Coke Chicken recipe is made in the slow cooker with tart cherries and filled with the best savory, bright, and juicy flavors. Use either diet or regular Coke for this easy recipe!
Whether you are making chicken thighs, wings, or breasts with this Cherry Cola chicken recipe, be sure to have plenty left over because you will want to eat this recipe for Coke chicken again and again!
Simple ingredients like Cherry Coke, sweet barbecue sauce, and canned cherries are mixed together to create the perfect marinade to be cooked in the slow cooker with savory chicken.
I have a whole section of easy chicken recipes that are perfect for easy weeknight dinners at home with the family. Some of our favorite recipes include Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken and Brown Sugar Chicken – both options are delicious, juicy, and the perfect amount of sweet.
- Chicken Breasts: I use boneless chicken breasts because they are easy to cook and taste delicious no matter which way they are served. You can use any cut of chicken for this recipe.
- Coca-Cola: Use a can of your favorite Coke to make sure this chicken is moist, juicy, and subtly sweet. This ingredient is key to a delicious recipe!
- Barbecue Sauce: Any kind of sticky sweet barbecue sauce is great for this Coke chicken recipe. Get creative and use different types of sauces!
- Cherries: I like to use Bing cherries because they are incredibly sweet and delicious. You can usually find canned Bing cherries at most grocery stores.
- Cornstarch: This simple pantry ingredient is used to thicken the glaze for this recipe. Mmm!
- Water: Just a little bit of water is used to mix with the cornstarch to create a thickening mixture to combine with the other liquids.
- Serving Suggestions: rice, potatoes, pasta, veggies, etc.
What I Used For This Recipe
This post contains affiliate links.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons: I love these simple stainless steel measuring cups and spoons because they are quick to clean, easy to use, and yield the best results every time!
- Glass Mixing Bowl Set: This glass mixing bowl set is one of my favorites because it is easy to clean and comes in a variety of sizes! I love the different sizes this set includes which makes it perfect for all types of recipes when you need to mix things.
- Crockpot: Perfect enough for all kinds of dinner recipes, this 6-quart Crockpot is the perfect size for almost whatever you want to cook! This Crockpot is durable, shiny, and super easy to use.
How To Make It
- First, place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the Coke, barbecue sauce, and canned cherries. Mix until combined, then pour over the chicken breasts.
- Cover the chicken in the slow cooker with the lid and cook on low for eight hours. Turn off the heat once the chicken has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the cooked chicken breasts from the Crockpot and, in another bowl, stir together the cornstarch and water. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker and mix together with a spoon to thicken the sauce.
- Add the cooked chicken breasts back to the slow cooker and shred it with two forks. Serve the cooked chicken and sweet sauce over a bed of rice.
Can you put raw chicken in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can! Cook raw chicken in the slow cooker anywhere between four to eight hours until the chicken is done.
Is it better to cook chicken on high or low in the Crockpot?
I usually cook my chicken in the Crockpot on low to make sure it doesn’t dry out. Cooking the chicken on low ensures that the chicken breasts or thighs will be moist, tender, and delicious once they are cooked.
What To Serve With This
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken
- Chicken and Broccoli Salad
- Sticky Chicken
You’ll also like this Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles.
Do you have any amazing easy chicken recipes? I’m always looking for more recipes to try! Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @SimplyStacie and let me know how you liked this and my other recipes!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (398ml/13.5oz) Bing Cherries, with syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together Coca-Cola, barbecue sauce and cherries. Pour over chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low. Turn off heat.
- Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker. Stir together cornstarch and water. Pour into slow cooker and stir to thicken sauce.
- Add chicken breasts back into slow cooker and shred with two forks. Mix with sauce. Serve over a bed of rice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 465mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 0gSugar: 24gProtein: 38g