My Meatball Sub Casserole inspired me to make this recipe. It’s still a fairly easy recipe to make, but requires a few extra steps. However, the end result is totally worth it. If your family loves comfort food especially Chicken and Biscuit Casserole, you will want to make this Chicken Broccoli Biscuit Bake for dinner!
I used one can of Pillsbury Country Biscuits, but any kind of refrigerated biscuit will work. Cut each biscuit into quarters and spread them in a large greased casserole dish.
Like I said, this recipe is a bit more work since you aren’t using a pre-made sauce from a jar. You’re going to make your own. It’s still really easy – promise! It’s an Alfredo sauce that is creamy and rich. I’d definitely call it a lick the pot type of sauce!
After cooking the chicken, I sauteed my veggies on the stove to soften them up. I didn’t want super crunchy broccoli and I prefer the taste of cooked onions versus raw. The veggies go on top of the biscuits and sauce.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
The final layers are melted cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs tossed in butter. It gives the casserole a beautiful finishing touch.
I thought about adding cauliflower with the broccoli, but changed my mind after seeing the prices at the grocery store. Depending on where you live, you may be paying over $10 for one head of cauliflower. That’s crazy! I love cauliflower, but I refuse to pay that much for one. So broccoli it is!
We had leftovers for lunch the next day. It still tasted delicious heated up in the microwave. It was such a huge, filling casserole and there was no way the four of us could eat it all in one sitting.
Craving more casserole recipes? Check out my Broccoli Casserole, Chicken Broccoli Casserole, Meatzza Casserole, Mexican Tater Tot Casserole and Chicken Shepherd’s Pie. You can also find more recipes on my Casserole Pinterest board.
You might also like this Impossible Chicken Pie.
How often do you make casseroles for dinner?
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Cut each biscuit into quarters and spread on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Slowly whisk in the milk and bring to a boil. Stir constantly until thickened, about two minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Spread sauce over the biscuits in the casserole dish.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Brown chicken, about 7 to 9 minutes. Stir in onions, garlic and broccoli and cook until onions and broccoli are softened, about 5 minutes. Spread veggie/chicken mixture over the sauce mixture in the casserole dish.
- Top veggies/chicken with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Mix together 2 teaspoons melted butter and bread crumbs. Sprinkle evenly on top of cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 400F oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread crumbs are browned. Serve hot.
I used Pillsbury Country Biscuits.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 545mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 33g