This easy crockpot chicken is the perfect dinner for busy days. Tender chicken breasts are slow cooked in a flavorful sauce made with honey, garlic and spices. Serve this Slow Cooker Asian Chicken over rice for a delicious family meal.
It doesn’t matter what the weather is like outside, I’m always up for a crockpot meal. Why? They are super easy to throw together on days you don’t feel like cooking. Plus, they are also pretty hard to mess up. The slow cooker is very forgiving, I find.
For this Asian style crockpot chicken recipe, you’ll need these ingredients.
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full printable recipe card with measurements and instructions.
- Chicken breasts – I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts because I prefer white meat and I find it easier to shred after its cooked.
- Soy sauce
- Oregano – I used dried oregano
- Red pepper flakes – They add a pop of flavor. Don’t worry, this small amount will not make it spicy.
- Fresh ginger
- Green onions and sesame seeds for garnish (if desired)
How to Make
1. Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together honey, ketchup, soy sauce, oregano, red pepper flakes, garlic and ginger. Pour over the chicken breasts. Placed lid on the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
3. When the 6 hours are up, remove chicken from the slow cooker and let sit for 10 minutes.
4. After the chicken is removed, mix together cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Pour into slow cooker. Whisk until sauce thickens.
5. Shred the chicken with two forks and place back in the slow cooker. Stir together to toss with the sauce.
6. Serve over a bed of rice and top with sliced green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
The result is a saucy and flavorful chicken that your family will love. I always end up sneaking a few bites straight out of the slow cooker before I serve it up.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
These kitchen tools will help you make this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
Can I add veggies to the recipe
Typically, you don’t add veggies to an Asian Chicken in the crockpot. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t! Feel free to experiment and add your favorite vegetables to the mix.
- Bok choy
- Snap peas
- Bell peppers
Can I use frozen chicken
I prefer to use either fresh chicken or thawed chicken to keep the cooking time on the lower side and for food safety reasons. In fact, this post states that the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) says to always thaw meat or poultry before putting it in the slow cooker.
So technically, yes, you can use frozen chicken. Just thaw it out first!
Is this recipe healthy
I wouldn’t call it healthy, but you can use ingredients to make it healthier. Chicken is packed with protein so that’s good for you. Use a low sodium soy sauce to cut back on the sodium and a lower sugar ketchup to cut back on the extra sugar.
With that said, I usually just use whatever ingredients I have in my fridge which is typically regular ketchup and soy sauce.
Can I use pork instead of chicken
Yes, you can use pork instead if you like. Use a pork butt roast or pork shoulder roast. Check with a meat thermometer to make sure it’s cooked completely before you start to shred it.
How to serve this recipe
- Rice. We love our chicken served over white rice. Cook the rice separately.
- On a bun. Pile the chicken on a bun to make a yummy sandwich. Add your favorite condiments.
- Steamed veggies.
- Chow mein noodles
Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to three days.
You can also freeze this recipe. Cook as directed and let it cool to room temperature. Place in freezer safe containers for up to three months.
More Crockpot Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken
- Brown Sugar Chicken
- Peking Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken
- Lemon Herb Slow Cooker Chicken
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- Crockpot Pickle Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Lo Mein
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Slow Cooker Asian Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- green onions and sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, ketchup, soy sauce, oregano, red pepper flakes, garlic and ginger. Pour over the chicken breasts. Placed lid on the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- When the 6 hours are up, remove chicken from the slow cooker and let sit for 10 minutes.
- After the chicken is removed, mix together cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Pour into slow cooker. Whisk until sauce thickens.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and place back in the slow cooker. Stir together to toss with the sauce.
- Serve over a bed of rice and top with sliced green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.